Home, Sweet Home | Teen Ink

Home, Sweet Home

Jack is walking his cat in the woods with his friend, Vlad, and they stumble upon a big, abandoned house. In it, they discover a great evil. There is a shadow that resides there, and kills anyone who comes in or learns about it.

Chapter 1: The House

The Shadow struck with the ruby fire sword again and again. The door between him and the boy was starting to burn in the center. The boy heard the Shadow laugh. The door shattered with another hit. The boy thought “ This is it. My life is over.” The Shadow strolled into the room. He emanated a dark presence. Where the Shadow was, there was no body. There was only an absence of anything in the shape of a man. The boy cowered behind a desk and he realized that the room was a child’s room. The Shadow kicked the old, brown, bloodstained desk and it cracked into millions of tiny pieces. The boy tried to roll away and escape through the secret trapdoor in the room, but it was too late. the Shadow lunged. The boy’s scream lingered in his throat as his vision turned black.

5 hours earlier...
The wind stung his face. Jack was stumbling after his pet cat, Fuzzy. His hair whipped across his face as he sprinted along the road that divided the forest in half. He stopped for a breath and called back to his friend who was walking. ”Hurry up, Vlad!” Vlad responded by calling back. “Nah, I’m good.” Jack turned back around and saw Fuzzy  running back toward them. Her pupils were narrow, her eyes were wide, and her fur was on end. Jack picked Fuzzy up. “What’s wrong, girl? Did something scare you?” Her response was to meow loudly and scratch him with her sharp claws on the arm. He looked up back where Fuzzy had come from. Ahead on the trail, there was a trail of broken trees and blood. Jack turned around and saw Vlad running up to him. Vlad stopped, out of breath, then asked “Dude, what happened to those trees?” “ It looks like something rampaged through them! Wait! There are footprints!” Jack responded. Jack and Vlad, along with Fluffy, walked along the faint, barely visible, trail of footprints. They wound in and out of bushes, under trees, and over hills. After about 4 hours of this, Vlad pointed out something to Jack. “What’s that?” Jack looked up from the path to see a desolate looking structure. They strolled inside the door. “Looks creepy. Maybe someone was killed here and nobody ever found out.” Jack mumbled.” He heard a “swish” and a thumping noise. “What was that? Did you hear that, Vlad? Vlad? Vlad?!” A round object rolled toward him. He picked it up and noticed that it was wet. It was dripping water, no was it blood?! Jack screamed and dropped Vlad’s head. It rolled away and left a trail of blood. Jack heard a whimper and saw that Fluffy was walking down the hallway of the structure and he realized that the structure was an abandoned mansion. “Fluffy, where were you?” Jack said and then noticed that there was something, no, someone walking in the shadows behind Fluffy. At the same time, he realized that Fluffy’s eyes were red instead of her usual piercing blue. The person behind growled in a harsh voice “Good night.” and swung his arms. He had a sword! Jack heard the same swoosh that he heard right before he found Vlad’s head, so he ducked and ran without looking back. He came down the hallway and found a door. He opened the door, ran in and locked the door. Six minutes and thirty-seven seconds later, the shadow walked out of the room, cleaning off his shiny emerald sword. He smiled and said “He met the same fate as the seven others. I have honored my promise. Any who follow the trail in the woods and come in here die.”

Preferences

Preferences

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences