Simulation (Demo) | Teen Ink

Simulation (Demo)

By ConnorWritesStuff BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado
ConnorWritesStuff BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado

Just because you started out bad doesn't mean you have to end horrible.

>Prologue<  

This was strange, Derek was going on his first “classified” mission, Derek had only been in a helicopter 5 or 6 times. Derek was now a lieutenant, his skills had surpassed the other soldiers by just a little bit, making him very lucky to be a lieutenant. “WHAT? Michael is DEAD! C’MON GET THESE PEOPLE READY FOR BATTLE! No I don’t care if you use S-13F on them! just make them, BETTER!” Jaimie said. Jamie was one rank higher than Derek, lets see snotty check, combat technique good, arrogance high. “We’re here” said a booming voice coming through a speaker “ok we better get going said,” James. Almost as if the helicopter hated their presence, the ropes automatically swung down and Derek and the others slid down it. Derek was the last to catch up with the others. “Ok we’re 5 minutes off schedule c’mon!” said our mysterious ally. Heh “ally” yeah right, the only reason this person was our ally was because of her SOS call for help, claiming that she knew what the strange private army “Black Hawk” was planning. We accepted her but Derek still didn’t trust her. This strange girl’s name was Elizabeth or Liz. “So Liz what is the plan,” said James, “We should wait till the…” But Derek was way ahead of them, Derek ran and pulled out a handgun and a knife. Two cars were parked and Derek was running straight towards them. Two guards were waiting there, unaware that he was stealthily running towards them, but then the S-13F kicked in, first his vision blurred and time seemed to go slower. One of the guards turned around just as he shot his bullet. BLAM, straight through his head, the other guard turned around and Derek rolled over the car and stabbed the other guard right in the back. But at that moment the S-13F’s affect stopped working and two more cars came, their mistake, James was a world renowned sharpshooter and as you probably would’ve guessed that he also had Derek’s back and sniped the 4 other people. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! “BOOM HEADSHOT!” Yelled James. “we should get going.” Said, liz. “Yeah ok lets start heading inward.”

said, Derek, so they did. At the front of the building where supposedly the Black Hawk were hiding out they took a position under an overhang so that no one could see them. “ok lets do this thing,” said, Derek, the building was a big black sleek looking satellite building. “so how are we going to get inside?” said, Derek “like this” and at that moment James threw a grenade. BOOM! “so much for being subtle” said, Jaimie. When the smoke Finally let up Derek checked for anyone or any traps. “None, we can head in.” Said, Derek. When heading in they appeared to be in an armory, but it couldn’t have been, because the weapons… well there were no weapons. “We need to get to the control room.” Said, Liz. “Yeah, but why do you think the armory has no weapons?” “Probably just restocking, I guess.” “true, but those other two guards had weapons so…” “you know what, SHUT UP!” while James and Liz continued to argue Derek went off to look for some kind of weapon but instead of weapons he found something much different, it was a casefile stamped confidential well that just makes me want to read it even more Derek thought. So Derek did. Project Suffering. “well that doesn't sound good.” Said, Derek, so he continued reading. Simulation up and running, key features missing though, must get subject, this world will suffer and burn if they don’t obey. But the last few lines Derek read were the worst out of all of the other lines. We know you’re here, don’t fight just relax, classified mission to stop us, blockade the door, they’re coming, 2003. That made Derek go white, the file was written in 2003, how did it know, who knew. It seemed like on cue the door to the supposed “armory” burst open. “Of course!” Yelled, Derek over the gunfire. Taking his assault rifle off his back he started shooting. Two bullets nailed one Black Hawk right in the arm and then the head, the next in the leg then the arm, “that’ll handle him for a bit” said, Derek. A loud boom sounded and Derek knew someone had thrown a grenade. With the impact of the explosion Derek practically flew back into the wall and then nothing.   Derek’s eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness around him “wha… where am I?” “Your mind.” A voice said. “Wha... what is that supposed to mean?” “This is your mind what do you think?” the strange voice appeared to be a man with a deep voice. “Come find me.” said the voice. Derek tried to get up but then realised he was tied down to a chair. “And how do you expect me to do that if i'm stuck in a chair?” “This is your mind, you can do anything.” Derek was in his mind he could do anything, couldn’t he. Hmm what to do? well for starters maybe you could get out of the chair. Yeah but how? Like this. A light flashed and he realised he was out of the chair. Walking forward derek saw a light turn on “go to the light” said the voice, Derek obeyed, When at the light Derek was rewarded with screams “Don’t pay attention to the screams” said the voice. “Go to the next light.” Derek did as he was told and went to the next light. “Now watch.” and at that moment another light turned on but this was different, the light had a chair stationed in the middle of it with a young man in it… the young man was Derek. Then at that very moment a bright light flashed and Derek was back in the chair. “YOU TELL ME TO COME AND FOLLOW YOU AND THEN YOU PU…” but Derek was cut short by another light and a man walked into the light. This man immediately creeped Derek out. Nothing seemed wrong about the man except for the fact that the man was wearing a gas mask. Derek just felt, wrong around this man though. “What do you want?” “An alliance.”  “Why?” “You have a strong mind Derek.” This man spoke as if he knew everything, then again maybe he did. “You still haven’t told me your name.” Derek asked. “Heh, that is something I cannot tell you, you can call me walker.” “Well what is this alliance.” “Join us.” “Who is ‘us’?” “The Black Hawk,” at that Derek stopped cold. This man was part of The Black Hawk “No I can’t accept this offer.” “Ok then I will give you a gift to try and persuade you”  “And what would that be?” “Instead of going to the control room go to the experiment room, there you will find a syringe, Inject yourself with it, it is your only hope if you want to win this mission and with that the lights turned off.          Derek awoke with a start laying among several dead Black Hawk soldiers. “James! Liz!” Said, Derek. James and Liz were attending to Jaimie. Derek immediately got up and ran over there and said “change of plans we’re going to the…” but he stopped short as soon as he saw Jaimie had several fatal wounds. “We need to get to the experiment room ASAP! WE CAN FIND STITCHES IN THERE FOR HER!” “Fine we’ll go but if this ruins the missio…” but James was cut off by Liz who said “JAIMIE IS GOING TO DIE JUST LEAVE HER HERE AND WE’LL GO TO THE CONTROL ROOM OURSELVES!” “Well you can all go to th…” But he was cut off by a sharp pain in his head, no all of you must go UNDERSTOOD! “Ugh.” “JAMES, LIZ LISTEN WE DON’T LEAVE ANYBODY BEHIND C’MON WE’LL STITCH JAIMIE UP REAL QUICK THEN WE’LL GO TO THE CONTROL ROOM UNDERSTOOD!.” “Fine we’ll go.” Grumbled, Liz. When Derek and the others got to the control room he saw the syringe on the table just like the man said, “here goes nothing.” And Derek injected himself with the syringe and pain blasted through his body. The “injection” you just took was just a little bit  of a chemical known as chemical 34. Now this is just a little bit of it, if you want the full power go into that chamber. “What do you mean by ‘power’?” You’ll see. “Ok.” So Derek did, and he walked over to the  container and… “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” Yelled the apparently fine Jaimie. “I don’t know,” said Derek as he stepped into the tube. No No NO, he doesn’t deserve this, not this kind of power he shouldn’t have it.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Derek heard in his head as the strange container’s door closed. once the door closed a blue light flashed overhead and a strange whitish bluish gas filled the container, and now you have it permanently. Derek couldn’t breath and as he gagged for breath he saw through the window something terrifying. He saw the door to the room open and saw the strange man, but this time he had a gun, a strange futuristic looking gun. Derek gagged for breath as he saw the gun brutally murder James, Liz, and Jaimie. then the man turned to Derek, took off his gas mask, and smiled, But his smile was a demonic looking smile, but that wasn’t the worst of it, oh no his eyes were the worst of it, his pupils were dilated and he had a grey outline around the inhuman pupils, he also had a scar going through his left eye, “have fun.” said the man as he walked out of the room. “I, need, to, get…” at that Derek coughed and finished his sentence “out of this hell!” Derek then tried to shoot the glass, but the glass was bullet proof, of course.

>Chapter One<

“Sir!” Said Luke to Captain Johnson. “Listen, just call me Derek.” Said Captain Johnson “Why?” “Listen, O’Brien, right?” “Yes sir, I mean, Derek.” I used to be part of an elite team, where we called each other by our first name, kapiche?” “Why doesn’t the military still have that elite team?” “There were, complications.” “At least tell me this, how many  years ago were you in the group?” “five years.” “Thanks.” said, Luke.

*

Derek apparently “had” to watch people suffer because of the process of S-13F into their blood. Wait, who is that, wait, is that, Officer O’Brien? Oh no, WHAT IS HE DOING!  Derek had to stop him, he would suffer, and very likely die, only the very lucky would survive! Derek had to stop him, but how? He couldn’t just go against the General’s orders. Come on that chemical 34 heightened your senses, THINK OF SOMETHING! Derek tried to reel through his mind for something, but couldn’t! C’mon THINK OF SOMETHING! “OK, OK!” Yelled, Derek. “Um, Johnson?” “Sorry, General.” “Did you take your pills Johnson?”  “No sir.”  “ Go get them now Johnson.” Derek sighed and said “ok.”

*

Luke put the strange tube into his back and arms. “Are you ready?” Said, a scientist, “Yes, I am.” Said, Luke as the scientist turned the nozzle and the S-13F started flowing. Luke started to scream, everything seemed slower for some reason, but the pain was faster than lighting. “Ok, I think thats enough” Said, the General, “I’m sorry, we can’t stop it.” Said, the scientist, “WHY?” “Because it’ll kill him.” “LIKE THIS ISN'T KILLING HIM EITHER!” Yelled, the General. Luke’s body was now filled with the pain of the S-13F and he had barely any strength, the last thing he saw was the monitor saying WARNING OVERDOSE.

*

The way to Derek’s room was in the medical center because he was “mentally unstable” Derek still didn’t believe that just because of his near death experience, they thought because of trauma Derek had seen the strange man but Derek still has nightmares about the man. “Hey, Derek how are you doing?” Said, Doctor Young.”Ah, just gettin’ my pills,”  
“ok, just be careful, you’re near the pretty violent patients.” “I work in the military Dr. Young, I’ll be fine.” Dr. Young was in her mid-twenties and was Derek’s psychologist, she was new but good in her skill of psychology. As Derek was heading to his room he passed the most violent patient’s room and heard something horrifying.

*

“Ugh.” Luke weakly groaned. “How is he still alive?” said a person, Luke just couldn’t put his finger on it.
“You’re on the team.” Said another faint voice. Finally his eyes adjusted and he felt stronger and faster and smarter. “ok lets take you to the medical center.”

*

“I CAN’T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!” Said, the patient. “PLEASE, HELP ME!” “Tell me what happened in your dream?” “THIS MAN, HE, HE, HE, HAD A GAS MASK AND, AND, AND…” Then through the window Derek could see the Doctor getting thrown across the room into the wall. Yep this man was violent. Derek jumped into action, he rammed the door open facing the man and yelled “STOP!” “I can sense you’ve seen this man too, haven’t you? Heh, I will kill you like I could kill any other special forces agent THAT HAS WRONGED THE BLACK HAWK!” And at that the patient ran at Derek, Derek sidestepped and elbowed the man in the back, but that patient wasn’t giving up without a fight so the man threw a punch at Derek and it contacted with Derek’s nose. S-13F why won’t you work! Derek stumbled backwards but it wasn’t the S-13F that kicked in, it was chemical 34. Now we’re talking! Derek processed everything faster than S-13F could ever have. He saw an image of what the man was going to do next: a kick to Derek’s side, so he dodged the next attack and countered back by punching his stomach and throwing him into the wall and pinning him there and yelling “MAN, WHAT MAN!” “Wouldn’t you like to know” “YES!” Then he punched him in the stomach “TELL ME! WHAT MAN!” “THE FEAR DEALER! YOU’VE SEEN HIM HAVEN'T YOU!” “GOSH, JUST TELL ME WHO YOU ARE!” “Heh heh heh” “NOW YOU GET TO TAKE A NAP!” and Derek knocked him out. Derek then walked over to the Doctor to check on her. “Are you ok?” Said, Derek. “Yeah, I’m fine.” The Doctor said. “How did you do that?” “Oh it is a long story that I can’t tell you now doctor.” ‘I’m actually not a doctor.” “Wait then what are you?” “A computer scientist, oh and my name is Kinzie, yours?” “Derek.” “So what is a computer scientist doing in the medical center?” “Studying about the Fear Dealer, a new, strange vigilante that knows a lot about how fear works and is using that to his advantage, and i've been recruited to stop him, or at least try and find someone who knows about him and can help me stop him, speaking of that do you know anything about him?” “Well the man’s description did sound familiar, actually I do think I know this ‘Fear Dealer’.” “Great, then we’ll see if you can go.”

*

“Ok the good news is you aren’t dead, the bad news is you will see several severe side effects  and you will need to take these pills to survive them.” Then the General handed Luke some pills. “So you’re saying that if I don’t take these pills, I will die” “Correct.” “That is comforting.”

*

“Wait, but can I bring someone else along, I mean, I would love to go, but I haven’t gone on a classified mission in a long time, and I would like to have a team, to go.” Derek, said, Kinzie then sighed and said, “fine, you can bring a partner.”  And at that moment Derek  heard Luke calling so he yelled out “O’Brien, you’re alive! Hey, since you’re still alive I want you to go on a classified mission with me, so what do you say?” There was a long pause and then Luke said “I accept.”

This is the prologue and the first chapter of a book I am working on, I hope you enjoy and support this article.

thank you very much, I enjoy your feedback

Shadowrealmbeast BRONZE, Lime Springs, Iowa

"Dying is Bad for your Health"
-Blake Gillman (2014)

Yes, true, but it is still an interesting story

thank you man, and what you should say is there are a few grammar mistakes, but I wont judge  

"Dying is Bad for your Health"
-Blake Gillman (2014)

There is a few grammar mistakes, but overall I like it!