The Familiar Invaders | Teen Ink

The Familiar Invaders

By Jacob Heller BRONZE, Syracuse, New York
Jacob Heller BRONZE, Syracuse, New York

I was sitting with my family in our home, my wife, my son, and his two younger sisters. We heard a loud boom come from outside, that is when the invaders came.
I saw a large metal disk fly in from the sky out of nowhere. It shot beams to the ground, exploding houses near our house. Their weapons were far more advanced than any of ours. I told my family to stay inside as I ran out. As soon as I came outside more of those metal monsters appeared and started blowing up more of our town. I ran inside, saw a flash, then woke up.
My whole house was destroyed, I had gotten knocked and somehow survived. I started looking for my family through the rubble, I couldn't find a single trace of them. I had hoped that they had survived and gone away, but it seemed improbable. Then I saw the invaders on the ground picking up my neighbor from what used to be his house. They were capturing the survivors and must have missed me.
I ran towards them in a rage until their lazer weapon put me to a dead  stop. The ground rose to meet me as the world around me grew brighter and brighter. At that moment I knew that my life was coming to an end. I couldn’t even find my family.
The humans were horrible.

We aren't going to be the only ones without space travel, we'll one day have it too.