Chernobyl | Teen Ink

Chernobyl

By Norman_Eugene_Smith_III BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
Norman_Eugene_Smith_III BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas

Chernobyl

At the college of the sleeping wolves in Charlotte, North Carolina a Professor was leaving the parking lot and heading home. That Professor’s name is Henry Wharton he was a middle class man that loved science, he also loved teaching and studing chemicals. While on his way home he was thinking about the trip he was about to take with three of his students that passed the pop quiz he would give the next day. The trip was to the Ukraine to study chemicals in survivors’ blood from Chernobyl. When he got home he checked his email to see if he got permission to get access to go in to the radioactive city. What he found on his email was the most exciting news ever! He was given access to be able to research the city’s environment. That meant he and the students would be able to go in the city.

The next day he had given the students the test and only told them that this would have a great surprise if they made amazing grades. At the end of the day he saw that out every class the best grade was made by his most remarkable student John Barker, Hannah Forest, and Sarah Linksys. The next day the group woke up at 4 a.m. and headed for the airport, they were all dreading the 17 hour flight that was ahead of them. The group got off of the plane and headed toward the hotel. As soon as they got to their rooms they fell asleep without putting away their clothes.
  The group got up and headed for the town in the Ukraine they were going to interview as many people with radiation poisoning and take some blood samples from the victims. When they got to the town they interviewed the victims and the one that they all remembered was the old man that worked in the plant closest to Reactor Number 4. The old man had said “Stay away from the hospital and school.” They were very scared on the way to the hotel and freaked out about going the city. Well I can’t wait to go to Chernobyl” said John sarcastically
“Yeah, I am super excited” both of the girls very sarcastically.
They got back to the hotel and went to sleep. The next day Henry was debating on going to the radioactive city. Henry went ahead and they went.
“Man, I am super scared and totally freaked out!” John exclaimed.
“Well at least you’re a guy and can defend yourself better!” Hannah Argued.
“Now calm down everyone were going to be alright, it is just a story!” Henry said.
They got to the city and went into the hospital like they were warned. They split up and at, the end of the day when they were supposed to go back to the hot el they never came back. 

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences