Fractured Fairytale The Dwarf | Teen Ink

Fractured Fairytale The Dwarf

By JJC2339 BRONZE, Avondale, Arizona
JJC2339 BRONZE, Avondale, Arizona

Snow White and Rose Red
Dwarf

One day I was walking through the woods when I found a prince lying on the ground being cared for by a middle aged man and his steed holding glamorous treasures. Of course my mother always told me to mind my own business and walk away from any trouble and not to let my powers get the best of me. But of course like any other dwarf in their right mind would want to help the poor prince and man, so I walked over to go see them and to see if they indeed needed any help and right away these two men accuse me of only being there to steal the princes gold. When I find this out my automatic reaction is to look for what they are talking about. Next thing I know the prince is standing over me trying to kill me. So I stop him from killing me by a simple chant that is a defense to save a dwarf in trouble. But when I went over the spell the chant I chanted was wrong because I forgot the words so I thought altering them would be okay. I quickly said,
Change this man to a bear
With vicious claws to rip and tear
Till death of me can’t you see
This curse can be lifted by only me
When I opened my eyes I saw that the prince was a bear instead of a bunny like I thought the chant was supposed to make him. Because you see after that I realized what the chant was really supposed to do and what I was supposed to say so I tried it quickly
Change this man to a bunny
With real big ears to make him funny
Till the death of me can't you see
This curse can be lifted by only me
but you see this new chant didn’t work because the other chant already made him a vicious bear and I saw this to be very true because when I look around I see that the man caring for the prince lie there dead for when the transformation happened the prince must have accidentally killed the man.
At this moment I realize that this is a dangerous bear and that I need to find the spell that will reverse it because saying another chant would not work and that was a fact. When I run off into the forest and see a two girls playing in the fall leaves and their mother calling to them saying
“Snow White and Rose Red come inside I have received terrible news of your father”
The two young girls reply
“Yes mother we are on our way”
When I see this the thought hit me on the man caring for the prince in the forest. I begin to wonder as I head home to a hole in the ground if that man could possibly be their father.
A few months pass and winter in finally over and I can come outside for the first time in a long time and just as every other dwarf at this time I am extremely moody, because I have not been outside in a long time. I head out to go get wood chips for my kitchen fire, but when eventually I found the right tree and unfortunately for me my beard gets stuck inside the tree. I was lucky when the two girls I had seen before came and the one in red asked me “What are you doing, little man?”
I rudely replied “You stupid inquisitive goose! I wanted to split the tree, in order to get little chips of wood for our kitchen fire; those thick logs that serve to make fires for coarse, greedy people like you quite burn up all the little food we need. I had successfully driven in the wedge, and all was going well, but the cursed wood was so slippery that it suddenly sprang out, and the tree closed up so rapidly that I had no time to take my beautiful white beard out, so here I am stuck fast, and I can't get away; and you silly, smooth-faced, milk-and- water girls just stand and laugh! Ugh! What wretches you are! ”The girls tried to get my beard out and when they couldn’t they cut off a piece of my beautiful white beard without thinking. After this I went home to put my wood chips away and as I head out to go get fish I stumble over the cure to the curse I had put upon the prince. It is that I must lose my life for at least five minute and not move a single muscle. And another problem stumbles upon me that I now must find a way so that this bear can kill me when he wishes and I am prepared to come back to life not long after. I left to go get my fish and when I do I get my beard stuck in the fishing line, and once again my beard was cut by the two girls when they found me again like they did before. I yelled at the girls "Do you call that manners, you toad- stools! To disfigure a fellow's face? It wasn't enough that you shortened my beard before, but you must now needs cut off the best bit of it. I can't appear like this before my own people.”and went off on my way back home. When I had gotten home I remember of the treasure that the prince had and how they were just left there so I decided that it would probably be a good idea if this little dwarf would make sure that the prince got his treasures back. So I set out to find the treasures that were left back where I put a curse on a man to become a bear. When I arrived at the area I felt a push as if this are of the forest would forever be bad luck now. I approached where the treasures lie I find that the bear is not too far from the treasure already so I take as much as I can already thinking of a new plan. But I am just a very unfortunate dwarf because as I am scurrying home to take the potion the will let me die for about ten minutes a giant bird comes after me and is trying to eat me. And once again these girls come to my rescue but me still not eaten all winter I am still being a very rude dwarf a I shout "Couldn't you have treated me more carefully? You have torn my thin little coat all to shreds!" I later storm off and I go eat my first meal of the year and I am still hungry and I am still moody but I know that must take the potion because the bear could find me at any moment. So I quickly move into my kitchen and I begin to make the potion and I drink the entire thing down to the very last drop. And when I finish it I go do what I know must and I began to pour out all of the treasure that I had collected into an open space and for some reason the two girls showed up again Snow White and Rose Red would not leave me alone. I was telling them to go away as I heard the bear and he pounced in front of me and killed me. When I later awoke I was glad to see that my precious spell had worked and also I was glad to see that I was able to keep some of the princes treasure because he never went back for the treasures that I did not grab and I knew now that this would make me the best dwarf to ever live. When I went trotting back to get the treasures I passed Snow White and Rose Reds home and saw that it was completely empty and by the looks of it the home was not in any use at all so I moved out of my hole in the ground home into a home that could fit my entire family and still have room for my new riches.

What inspired me is that this is actually based off of a true fairytale and that is still follows the same background but not the same story. I chose that I would write this in what would be the villain in the original story's point of view. This alone would unravel hidden secrets within the story.