Where There Is Darkness | Teen Ink

Where There Is Darkness

By Cryptic_Lover BRONZE, Aiken, South Carolina
Cryptic_Lover BRONZE, Aiken, South Carolina

'Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breaths away"

He stood in the corner. A black mist resonated from him, like smoke fresh from an extinguished fire. He wore a nicely tailored suit; he fixed his silver cufflinks, for a minute, playing with the buttons, a black tie to pull it altogether. He stood at, about, 6”4, a body like a high school football player, and well-trimmed black hair.

I looked around the room; the walls were a forest scene, trees stretched on for as far as I could see. The scene held other worldly colors that, as far as I knew, didn’t exist on Earth. A steady breeze swirled around us, the trees swayed, and birds sang in the cover of the treetops. I looked back at him and he was stepping deeper into the corner. The wall rippled and leaves cracked before I could say anything he was walking into the forest.
Where was he going? His back was turned. I crossed to the corner and stepped through the wall. I followed him. A silent melody sang through the forest, and animals sang with it, following me was a tiger, and I had to look, beauty shone within his eyes and his fur glistened with gold and silver, wings folded at his sides, he was taller than most basketball players. When I stopped he bowed and upon his back was a saddle. I continued walking and he stepped in front of me bowing. I hesitated and hoisted myself up and he continued following the stranger.

“How far do you plan on following him Edon?” I looked around and nobody was there. I looked down at the tiger. “No one else is around to speak.” It was the tiger, he was smiling, the only way a cat can.
“I don’t know” he shook his head. “Do you know who he is?”
“His name is Adonis, one of the ten fallen angels, cast out for falling in love with a demon, her name was Octavia.” I looked at Adonis.
“What happened to her?” He shrugged rocking me back and forth. “So you don’t know?”

“Oh I know...but it’s a long story.”
“Well can you tell me?” he shrugged.
“Octavia was a demon of…broken love, she represented all things that hurt people, cheating, hate, and abuse.” His tail swished. “It was said that when she was created god excluded love, sadness, and empathy. She was meant to keep the balance between love and hate like Djinn with one purpose. It was like this for thousands of years until Adonis stepped into Hell, he saw Octavia doing what she was created for and she saw him but she didn’t feel anything until Adonis changed that.”
“How did he make her feel love?” The story was so interesting I didn’t notice Adonis had changed direction and was headed out of the forest.
“Nobody was there to witness it and after her death he never spoke of her again.”
“She died?”
“Yes, she…” I cut him off.
“She was killed, wasn’t she? For the same reason Adonis was cast out.”
“Yes, Lucifer paid her a personal visit after he found out, he found Adonis and killed her mercilessly in front of him, threw her like a ragdoll at his feet.” It wasn’t like this wasn’t going to affect me, damn, I cried when my cat had kittens, cold tears ran down my cheeks and I buried my face into the Tigers soft fur, he purred and comforted me.

I'll write more yall can message me and suggest anything you would like to happen, except the death of Asoru {the tiger} and Adonis.