Invasion | Teen Ink

Invasion

By Amish BRONZE, Liberty, Missouri
Amish BRONZE, Liberty, Missouri

Doors burst open as several uniformed men walked inside, each with a stern expression on their face. Within the center of the room they entered stood a long, heavy table. Then they each took a seat in the chair. Not long after this, another person then entered the room. It was a man, standing at six feet tall, and wearing an extravagant uniform. Medals were pinned all across his chest, a purple capped with a white and black-spotted edging, a jeweled crown upon his head and scepter in his right hand, with a Dragon Head upon it. He was the Great Dragon Master and Supreme Terran Overlord of the Greater Terran Empire, a Theocratic and Absolutist military nation. He took his seat at the head of the table and looked at the men who were seated there before.

“Well, what is it, Generals?”

One of the generals, in a dark blue uniform, several medals and ribbons above his left breast pocket, and the seal of the Imperial Terran Navy and rank of Fleet Admiral on his collar, spoke up first.

“Sir, we’ve received information from the 3rd Forward Fleet that Sorecian ships have penetrated our outer defenses and have begun an attack on the Space Station Zores and the 8th Strike Fleet there.”

The Supreme Overlord, Maximus Romulus XI, took a deep sigh. It was known that Sorecia was not friendly to the Empire, but to actually begin an attack? It was pure madness. He know that something was to be done, and it was to be done now.

“Admiral, send the 17th and 4th Assault Fleets to the area to deal with them. After, I want the 7th Naval Group to move into Sorecian air space.”

The generals and admiral all looked at each other before one spoke up, the commander of the Imperial Guard, the personal guard of the Supreme Overlord.

“Are you saying we are at war, Sir?”

Romulus knew that what he was saying was an open declaration of war against Sorecia. He also know that the last time there was a war between Terra and Sorecia, Terra was defeated greatly during his Father’s reign.

“Men, I know that the last time we fought against Sorecia we were defeated. However, we cannot let such an act of aggression on our Empire, and our People, go unpunished.”

He rose up from his seat and slammed his scepter against the table. A fury was in his eyes that vowed to defeat his enemies. His generals also rose to their feet at attention.

“Mobilize the troops and the fleets. For on this day, Year Three-thousand Eighty-two Imperial Era, we go to war once more against Sorecia. And this time we shall be victors.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Captain Rolun Septis, 2nd Company, 14th Battalion, 8th Regiment, 1st Terran Imperial Guards Armored Strike Division, sat in the forward seat on the Basilisk-class Transport Dock ship as he looked on his platoon while they were traveling to their destination. They could all feel the shocks of enemy anti-aircraft missiles and flak batteries fire at them as the ship moved to evade being hit. A yellow light then lit over his head, signaling their near arrival. He pulled his helmet down over his head and gave orders to his platoon.

“Alright men, let's mount up!” He yelled over the sound of explosive fire and engines.

All 120 men of the company embarked on 12 Scorpion Armored Troop carriers capable of carrying 10 individual soldiers, equipment, and crew. The Scorpion was armed with a 30 millimeter autocannon and twelve Anti-armor rocket missiles fired from an external launcher controlled by the gunner inside. It is further armored with a small layer of composite armor that gives superior protection while allowing to stay lightweight and mobile. Rolun opened his Infantry commander hatch in order to observe the outside while staying within the vehicle.

A sudden halt was felt and the green light was given and the Basilisk’s transport doors opened. The Scorpions of the 2nd Company went forward and out onto the battlefield, which was covered in smoke, bomb crater and black skies. Dirt and mud lay where green and lush grass had originally been. The skies darkened from the smoke of explosions and filled with aircraft and spacecraft fighting for control of the air and space. They made their way towards a large city. Several of the Scorpions were taken out by enemy anti-armor missile systems, but 2nd Company did not stop. They joined with the 41st Armored Company, now reduced to only 7 of the original 16 Lynx Main Battle tanks. Together both companies pushed through the city, clearing it of Sorecian resistance. Bodies were taken to zones set aside as graves and prisoners were taken back to forward operating bases.

Rolun looked out over the city and observed the organized chaos that was occurring. it was brutal, hellish, and agonizing. However, it was necessary to do. The Sorecians brought it upon themselves when they attacked Terra, and for the Supreme Overlord they would make sure Terra gets its victory it so deserves. He and the trillions of other soldiers, officers, and generals would make sure of it. Failure was not an option at this point.