Evil School | Teen Ink

Evil School

By Hbkooy PLATINUM, Champaign, Illinois
Hbkooy PLATINUM, Champaign, Illinois

Today was my first day of school. Here’s what happened. I walked out the door nervously and walked slowly towards the bus stop with my two older sisters. I didn’t want to go to school; strange things seemed to happen there. All three of us were within a year of each other, making my oldest sister seven years old. The big yellow bus bound up the hill that lead down our street and we all stepped on. I gulped when I saw what was on the bus. Every single child was just sitting there quietly, every child except the kindergarteners. The small children were screaming and standing and throwing different small toys around. I sat next to my sisters and watched them. They started acting strange the minute their butts touched the bus seat. They had been having a very deep conversation about how exciting the first day of school was, but the minute they sat down their eyes glazed over and their mouths shut. I watched them intently for the entire ride and neither of them spoke a word. We arrived at school and we entered the large building. The kindergarteners all ran to play on the small playground sitting next to the school. It looked as though it had never been used before. A loud bell rang and the kindergarteners entered the building and took their seats in the classroom. Seeing all of the perfectly behaved older children made me feel nauseous and I went to the nurse’s office. I ended up having a slight fever and was sent home.

Feeling better, going back to school tomorrow.
Today things were different. Everyone, including the kindergarteners, was quiet and well behaved. It was scary seeing everyone acting perfectly. Something had been done to them, and I needed to find out what. I tried to leave and investigate during “free time.” I’m calling it “free time” because during that time the teacher took kids aside one by one and talked to them. The children waiting to be taken just sat there quietly without speaking. When I was called out the teacher knew right away that something was wrong. She starting chanting and going through a strange script she was holding. She said I needed to come in on Saturday for some “special lessons.” I told her I didn’t want to and she got mad. I spent the rest of the day sitting in the corner separate from the other students. I am afraid that the teacher knows that I am a genius. She stared at me strangely when I grabbed the book that was sitting on her desk and started reading it. I have a really bad feeling about this school.

Today is Saturday and I am writing this as my mom drives me to school. I just know that it is important to document how I feel about this before and after the “special” lesson.

I write this entry while I hide from the teachers in this crazy school. I have figured out why everyone is acting strange! When I walked into the classroom the teacher tried to hy---

I love the school I go to, and I was completely wrong about it. My lesson went very well and I learned many new things. OH MY GOSH!!! I just read my previous entries and it all came back to me! As I began writing in my last entry, the teachers are hypnotizing the students! I am very lucky I wrote everything that happened down, or else I would be a mindless zombie right about now. Here’s what happened yesterday: I walked into the classroom and immediately a teacher grabbed me. I freaked out and kicked him in a very bad place. He released me and I ran and hid. I female teacher soon found me. She dragged me back into the classroom, and she strapped me into a chair. She put headphones on me and made me watch a strange video. I can’t remember anything after that. I just tried to tell my mom what happened, and of course she didn’t believe me. My mom doesn’t even know I already know how to read and write and am a genius. I can’t tell her though; it is a big important secret that nobody is ever allowed to know. I am terrified of going back to school on Monday. I will try as hard as I can to fight the school’s influence. I will bring my diary and write in it as constantly as I can.

I am at school right now and it is “free time.” I just got called and can see the anger in the teacher waiting for me. She told me to look into her eyes and I am currently writing without looking. I am growing tired, but I need to fight this. I must. I must fight it. I can’t be hypnotized. I must fight it. I must fighobey. I must obey. I need to fight it. I need to obey. Help me. I must obey. I will obey.

I tripped and fell into my bookshelf as I walked into my room and my diary fell on my head. I instinctively read the words in front of me and I came to my senses. I’m not really sure what has happened since school, but I can guess that I have been under the school’s power. I am absolutely terrified of what is going to me. I don’t want to go back to that evil school. My sisters are well on their way to becoming well-conditioned slaves. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went to school and didn’t come home. I’ve been wondering why my parents aren’t noticing our strange behaviors, and I just learned it’s because both my parents went to that school as kids. We are all puppets; I am just a puppet that can see the strings. I need to find help, but no one believes me. I am going to school again tomorrow, so I don’t know when I will be back. Goodbye until I am free of the school’s grasp again.

My parents had a fight with their in-laws and I got caught in the crossfire. I was hit hard enough that I snapped back to my normal self; never have I been so happy to be slapped across the face. Anyway, today is Christmas, and I am extremely conditioned to obey what my school says. Even though I am back to normal, I feel an empty space; a feeling of longing. I have planned to run away, but I don’t know where to go. I have also been trying to figure out why the school is hypnotizing us. My sisters haven’t learned a single thing. I know that they can’t read because when I showed them this diary they were confused about the many “scribbles.”

I am back again, and since I last wrote, I apparently found a binder with a master plan. I am terrified of myself and my strange way of acting, even when I am not hypnotized. When I came to and saw the binder hidden in a corner in my room, I tried to rip it up. I caught myself mid-rage and backed away from the binder. Later on I was just barely able to bring myself to read what was inside, and doing so actually caused me physical pain. The “kindergarten plan” is what I found inside the binder, and it stated that attending a full year at the school means total surrender. In other words, if I complete a full year of school, it will be impossible for me to snap out of hypnosis! I and all of the other children will be pawns stuck in this school’s sick game. I have an escape plan ready, and I will try to escape at midnight.
February 4, 2014 12:00 A.M.

I have managed to sneak out of the house with a small suitcase of things I need. I don’t know where I am going, but that is fine as long as I make it far away from here. I am almost across the border… I just heard a twig snap! Someone is following me! I am running as I write this, and I fear I will soon be caught. I have returned to my house and I am trying to climb towards my window. I reached the to---

As I write this entry I am in great pain. I was caught as I was trying to escape and an electric dog collar was placed on me. It isn’t an ordinary collar though; the school created it, and writing, especially of my own free will, causes the collar to shock. I am being trained like a dog, and my will to disobey is slipping. All hope is lost. Worst of all, I have no more hope of escape; the collar also tracks my every move. I need to accept that this may be my final time writing. In case it is, goodbye.

I write my last entry, ever. I have tried to escape 12 times since my last entry, and the school is watching me like a hawk. The collar’s settings have been bumped up to full power, and each word I write feel as though a knife is cutting through my neck. Tomorrow is our “final;” the day we turn to complete and total slaves. I know I am going to be turned into a completely different person, so goodbye. I’ve enjoyed being a free person with a mind of my own. I hope I don’t do anything to bad in the future. Goodbye forever.

I found this journal sitting on my desk and read through it. It was stupid. I am writing this in here so I can enjoy ripping it up the minute I finish. School was great, I learned many great things, and I can’t wait for next year. By the way, after I did my finals I felt like a smart new person. Help me. Bye.