Vignette of a Cloud | Teen Ink

Vignette of a Cloud

By Allison W BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
Allison W BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois

Hi, I’m Betty. The cloud who holds up the castle. You know what though? I can’t stand it, I have to hold up a couple of Giants and a huge castle. My work is way too demanding! Okay, so I’m supposed to be a foggy, moist, lightweight cloud. But instead I just sit there all day holding up everything. Its just not fair, all the other clouds get to float freely way high in the sky. The only reason I did this job was because I thought it would be easy. But I guess it changed. I’m not what I’m supposed to be. I’m not creamy colored any more, I’m red because I’ve been working too hard, and I’m so tired. Every once in a while I see a beautiful cloud drift on by. But, right here and right now it’s just me, all alone.

BandGeekAndProud PLATINUM, Burlington, Massachusetts

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

Very nice. Inspired by Les Mis?

transparantspirit434 PLATINUM, Farmington, New Mexico

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. -Hebrews 13:5

I loved this creative change of perspective; how the cloud feels about holding up the castle. This was written well, not over-the-top for it's subject, and it amused me. In a good way. Keep it up!

on Jun. 28 2013 at 12:45 am
Quartermaster PLATINUM, Los Angeles, California

"They tell us sir that we are weak. Unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when will we be stronger?"

I really liked your subtle use of imagery (I'm red) to both describe how the cloud feels and what time of day it is (either sunset or sunrise). Killing two birds with one stone and doing it subtly; impressive.