Fast and Paced Loses the Race | Teen Ink

Fast and Paced Loses the Race

By Funne GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio
Funne GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio

"I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams."

-H.P Lovecraft

There was a boy. He had dark hair. Blue eyes. He was not very athletic, but he was on the cross country team anyway. Of course, every time they lost a race, he got beat up. Again and again and again and again. Soon, there was only one race left. The boy was worried. Very worried. On the day of the race he saw another boy who he had never seen before. That boy had red hair. green eyes. He took off his shoes and offered them to the poor boy on the cross country team. He took the shoes. Later, before the big race. The boy looked at the shoes. They looked nothing special. They didn’t look old and worn, but they didn’t look new either. The boy boy decided to wear the shoes anyway because he didn’t think they’d make a difference anyway.

The race was about to start. The boy felt very nervous. 3... 2... 1... Go! The race had started, and when the boy started to run, he realized he was running very fast. He was way ahead of all the racers. He ran and he ran and he ran. Soon he couldn’t even recognize what was going on around him. Suddenly, everything around him turned white. Then black. Then red. He was getting confused when he saw that he there was a wall coming right at him.

There was another boy. He had blonde hair. brown eyes. He was not very athletic, but he was on the cross country team anyway. Of course, every time they lost a race, he got beat up. Again and again and again and again. Soon, there was only one race left. The boy was worried. Very worried. On the day of the race he saw another boy who he had never seen before. That boy had dark hair. blue eyes. He took off his shoes and offered them to the poor boy on the cross country team. He took the shoes. Later, before the big race. The boy looked at the shoes. They looked nothing special. They didn’t look old and worn, but they didn’t look new either. The boy boy decided to wear the shoes anyway because he didn’t think they’d make a difference anyway. No difference at all.