Christmas Mayhem | Teen Ink

Christmas Mayhem

By Jlr123 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
Jlr123 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia

Toys, candy, happiness, and Christmas cheer. Fun, work, hot chocolate, and snowflakes. It’s the busiest time of year. It’s the northpole before Christmas. It’s hardworking elves doing their job and trying to please Santa. When elves follow the code of the elves, which includes treating everyday like Christmas and singing to spread Christmas cheer, operations run smoothly.

The northpole is a magical mass production toy creating masterpiece. For smooth sailing, the naughty/nice list must be updated, reindeers must be trained, fed, and entertained, and toys must be produced. Part of toy production is inventing new toys. Elves in imagination station spend their days creating new toys. Imagination station also involves a little bit of Christmas magic. Christmas magic is a wonderful thing, but sometimes it doesn’t always work as planned. One November evening, the imagination crew tried to create a high tech sleigh with the use of Christmas magic. The magic backfired casting a curse of anti-Christmas spirit over the northpole, turning the Northpole into a Scroogefest.

Christmas spirit is the core of northpole operations, and without it, the north pole can’t function. The northpole was in a humbug frenzy causing everything to spin out of control. The elves hated Christmas and even went as far as arson in the Christmas tree field. No toys were being made meaning thousands of children would go without presents. The entire Northpole was infected except for one particular elf. Fredrick the elf had sickle cell anemia which caused immunity to the anti-Christmas spirit curse. The fate of the North pole was in Fredericks hands.

Frederick knew the best way to spread Christmas cheer included singing loud for all to hear. He also had contact with the National Association of Mall Santas. Fred used his connections to start a Christmas Cheer movement. If the world could gain enough Christmas spirit, and sing enough Christmas songs, the curse could be broken. Frederick had an emergency convention with the Santas. The Santas would start movements in malls leading to increased Christmas spirit in Children. After the Santas went back to their respective towns, the Northpole flooded with letters. Each letter led to a little bit of Christmas magic. Epidemics of Christmas carols flooded the world. Time was ticking. Production was stopped. More and more letters entered. Finally, enough letters entered to remove the curse.

The northpole exploded with Christmas cheer when the letter came in to raise the Christmas spirit amount enough to drop the curse. Frederick was a hero. Santa awarded him the highest honor which was head elf. Letters kept coming in, allowing the production rate to increase at a turbo level making up for lost time. When Christmas Eve rolled around, all the toys were made, and the entire list was in order. Best of all, Frederick got to ride in Santa’s sleigh and help eat Santa’s cookies.