Dream Vacation or Lesson Learned? | Teen Ink

Dream Vacation or Lesson Learned?

By fabiruchism BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
fabiruchism BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

"I'd rather regret the things I haven't done, than regret the things I've done." -Unknown

See, I have always had problems at home, which did not make it easy for me to live my life comfortably. “Tania you can never do anything right!” was a very useful phrase that came from my parents. I was never the type of teenager who showed her emotions and let them out in front of anyone. I love my family over anything of course, and would never trade them. The conversations with my mother were always short and simple like “Hey, There is food in the kitchen if you wants some.”, “Hey, do not forget to help your brothers with their homework!”. Going to school every day was my passion, it was a relaxing place to distract my mind from all my problems. Although school was one way of relieving my stress, I felt the of a dream vacation. As time passed by I had saved up enough from my allowances to go on my dream vacation. I settled myself to a week of that from home. My parents did not encourage me by any means but I was always a good child, followed all their rules and never asked them to go out or buy me anything. As I made it to the cruise on my first day there alone, it felt so refreshing with such good vibes, and no one to bother me. At some point I was much too sick from being home so much that most of the time that I went into depression mode it felt like suicide was my only option. Of course I never went with that, instead I would write down all my feelings. So being at the cruise made me feel at such peace. Well the ship made a stop at a small but beautiful island, which we stayed there for the rest of the night till the next morning. This had been my favorite place from the whole cruise. I got away from people and noisy areas, to find a small place where there was not one person at all. I laid down on the warm toasty sand, absorbing the huge bright sun, while cool air swished through my hair and body. I laid patiently with my eyes closed, listening as the waves crashed along the edges of the island, meanwhile you could hear tropical birds happily chirping. I was surrounded by beautiful tall palm trees. I dug my toes inside of the warm toasty sand. I could finally smell refreshing new air as the scent of coconuts swifted through my nose. After a couple hours flew by I heard waves crashing much too extreme and I felt the sprinkling of water on my body and face. I quickly opened my eyes to see the bright crystal clear sky, had turned to the darkest shade of pitch black. I soon realized that a massive thunderstorm was developing rather quickly. I heard the sounds of thunder clapping faster and faster. The environment rapidly changed from relaxing and clam to melancholy, gloomy and you loud roars of thunder. The wind was crazily blowing, the trees were swifting and you could hear a tornado being created as it picked up leaves from the island. I was so appalled and went to hide under a small rock which had the characteristics of a cave. I hid there for three long hours, as I tried so hard to fight through the storm but my body would give out so quickly. I was so worried because I could hear the ship leaving the island. I waited and waited long enough until I heard some voices calling “Tania, Where are you are sweet heart?” I would reply back “I AM HERE, HELP ME!” but I knew they could not hear me because the voices just furthered apart. I saw flashing lights hit the rock I was underneath. Quickly I grabbed small rocks as I yelled “HELP ME!” and threw them as far as I could. There it was, a light that followed the path of my rock and it was then that I realized they had found me. I was so happy and stunned, the reason was not because I was just simply found but because it was my family who in just hours went to find me. I would had never imagined them to be my heroes of that vacation. It was then when my family and I stayed inside the rock for the night and talked about all our blessings and what we appreciated from eachother. I soon realized that this was a lesson learned from life that I am never alone, no matter what the situation is.