The Green Bag | Teen Ink

The Green Bag

By duston BRONZE, Oveido, Florida
duston BRONZE, Oveido, Florida
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I was in fifth grade when this happened, about 11 years old. The teacher said to bring in a brown paper bag but nothing in it, not even your name. So I did as the teacher said and brought one in to class the next day and of course there was going to be one kid with his name on it and his name was Steve. He was not the brightest kid in the school but he had some logics in him not a lot though. He really never listened to the teacher he did the exact opposite of what she said to do. He brought in a bag with his name on it. It was in big black sharpie all over the bag it looked like it was not even a brown bag just a black bag instead of brown. The teacher yelled at him and she got him a new bag. As she was leaving the classroom she said not to peak in her brown bag on the desk and right away everyone was asking questions. We all knew what Steve wanted to do and it was going into the bag and see what it was. She left the room and turned off the lights and the bag started to glow a bright lime green and we all started to near the bag like there was the tastiest piece of candy right there. The bravest kid even looked frightened as he was trying to keep it cool but we all knew that it was not working. We all asked him to get something and see what would happen when he poked the bag. So he found a yard stick lying by board and almost dropped it because he was so nervous. He touched it nothing happened until…the light flickered and it fell over with a great big thud. The light started to seep out but it was odd because the light was moving slow so we all told the bravest kid to touch it and he did and his finger got stuck in it he tried to pull it out but he could not because it was stuck. Then all of a sudden a little lime green alien came out of the bag and everyone screamed and ran besides the bravest kid his finger was still stuck. The little alien came over stuck his little hands into the slime and he stuck his hands under his finger and pulled it out of the slime. As soon as he got his finger out he did the unexpected he put his hand right by the slime and the alien came over slowly and stepped out onto his hand and he asked him his name but all he heard was shhhhh… he put him closer to his ear and asked it his name and this time he heard the coolest name ever it was Stanton. He walked over to the group of people and moved away like a flock of birds going to a new tree. He said to them
“he is friendly I mean he has weapons and tools so he can fix thing but I asked him if he is harmless and he yes he even showed me that he is a little repair man he can get into small places and fix things in a snap of a finger.”
They soon all moved over closer to the alien and they started to pass him around but he did not like hat so he turned on his little jetpack and started to fly back to the bag. They all ran after him and got into the bag just in time and the all groaned because they thought they had lost him. They all moved back and he came out with many of his own vehicles like a little car, plane, and even his own little tow truck to tow his cars if needed. They all moved around him and crowded him and he called over the owner of him and he told him
“Can you tell them to move back a little I’m scared.” In his cute little voice. The kid said to everyone
You are in his personal space.” They all moved back immediately so they would not scare him off. He did something no one would think of him doing and it was calling his owner dad. They all wondered who the dad of this little guy was. He walked over to the person he saved and it was the brave kid. He picked Stanton and gave a little hug so he would not hurt him.
As the teacher walked in she saw the student over buy the bag and she wondered what was going on. The brave kid put Stanton down so he could go and put his cars into his bag. But he did not do that he teleported them and him into his bag so he could take him home and keep him. The bag light up and the brave kid knew that he was over there. The teacher asked them what is going on over here and she had no clue that there was an alien over here in her classroom. They all said “nothing” and went back to their desk and continued on with the day but the brave kid now called dad put Stanton into his desk so the teacher did not know that he had an alien with him.

it was my 5th grade fcat prompt