Nazis Vs. Aliens | Teen Ink

Nazis Vs. Aliens

By Riley17 BRONZE, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Riley17 BRONZE, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Sometimes you miss the memories, not the person.

We're all in the same game, just different levels, dealing with the same hell, just different devils.

Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will.

“Schnell!” A deep German voice yelled loudly across the thousands of heads bobbing up and down.
“Nacht und Nebel.” One tall man said in a dark green uniform as a group of prisoners were passed on to another Nazi. The man nodded his head and moved the group of scrawny looking men and women some hunched over with blankets over their shoulders.
A soldier with a large assault rifle looked at the group, the uniformed man leading them said “Heinrich said to night and fog them.”
The soldier waved his hand “I don’t give a damn what Heinrich said I’m the Hauptscharführer (chief squad leader) and I say just put them in the zelle.”
So the uniformed leader instructed and pushed the group into an outdoor dirty cell and he locked the door behind them. As thunder boomed through the sky, he wiped the water out of his eyes, the rain had now picked up and the sky was pitch-black. Operating this large mass of people in this condition was a little harder than he had expected and to add to the chaos; communication was gone out the window. A mix of German and English was spoke and none of the soldiers seemed to agree with what to do.
“We need to direct orders from Hitler, I’m tired of getting over ruled; I’m just trying to do what’s right. We need to cleanse.” Heinrich said and he nodded. They were walking back to the judenrampe to help gather more people. All of a sudden, over the loud yelling and the crack of thunder he heard a Jew scream Look and point up at the sky. He raised his head and through the black mist he saw a bright light not like lightning but like an aircraft move across the sky.
“It’s just lightning, move!” He said and pushed the people ahead, but he knew what he was speaking of was not lightning. It was something he had never even seen before.
Heinrich told him that he better go the command center to report a possible attack. He held his rifle and quickly pushed his way through the crowd. He finally found a short green building where two guards were standing outside of it; one was smoking the other had was holding his gun tightly staring harshly at anyone and everyone.
“Meine Ehre heißt Treue” He said and one nodded the other repeated it. The soldier smoking opened the door for him and when he entered the building he saw a desk filled with papers and guns loitering the building as well as men with roughly shaved beards. Their eyes gleamed mean and some had faint scars with strong stories.
“Alles für Deutschland.” He said raising his hand to his head. The man in the fanciest uniform stared at him then when the soldiers hand lowered he spoke in English.
“I question not where your loyalty lies, but why you are in here.” He said.
“An air craft was spotted above in the east quadrant. I think we may be in for a possible attack.” He told the man. The man nodded and looked at his two closet men. He told them to ready their weapons and he rallied some men and gave them direct orders.
He picked up a phone and was on the line in seconds. “Send air support over to us, we have a possible attack.”
One soldier walked to one of the dirty cells. He saw instead of a large mass of huddled people crammed into the space he saw one girl huddled in the corner. Bodies around her.
“What happened here?” He asked her through the bars. She didn’t say anything, she was still huddled in the corner.
“Jew, speak. Speak up now. Sprechen.” He said to the cell. After silence he opened the door and stepped on the bodies like they were carpet and put his hand on the girls shoulder. Her head turned around sharply and he gasped when he saw her eyes were large and glowing green, when she smiled her teeth were jagged and a hideous faded brown color. He screamed realizing she was some kind of demon. But no one could help him, because he met his death in the next 5 seconds. The girl jumped on him and ate the flesh off his face. His skin stretched and was drawn into her mouth. Bright blood splattered up against the wall and onto the bodies around them. She stood up her skin was now a fading grey almost silver and her eyes were bright green nearly blinding. She slipped out of the open cell door unnoticed.
Back inside the dimly lit room of the small green building the commander in charge looked out the window carelessly. He reached into his pocket and took out a lighter and lit his cigarette. Behind him he heard a strange thud. An eerie high pitched noise pierced the air around him and he swung his head back. His eyes scanned the dark sky through the window and he could have sworn he saw lights. He reached his phone.
“Do we have back up, in the sky? Luftwaffe?” He said through the receiver.
There was static then an answer.
“I’m in the sky, but there are a lot of strange things up here.”
“Like what, Russians?” He asked.
“I can’t tell, I’m seeing glimpses of a strange flash. I’m prepared to use deadly force if I can get a damn shot. These things (static) moving too fast (static) can’t see them.” He heard and just as it cut to full static he heard a major crash behind him.
He grabbed his assault rifle and ran out into the rain. Behind him he heard another noise. He quickly turned around and faintly saw smoke. Another crash.
“Gaurds!” He yelled and he fired a shot into the darkness of the night in the area of the crash.
A skinny thing one could barely call it human, maybe because it wasn’t moved towards him. He fired a round not with his rifle but with his pistol. The creature fell to the ground as a green ooze left his body.
“That is not human.” He said under his breath. He knew something was happening because no guards were showing up, the air support had gone static.
Walking closer to the body he saw its eyes were empty holes blinking a dying green. And then right before his own eyes he saw the creatures eyes fade from green to black.
“It’s dead.” He said then added “What kind of Asoziale is this?”
He raised his head and saw more than one of the same creature standing behind him. He watched as two glided past him and picked up the body had just shot; they carried it off until they disappeared into the darkness. From behind he heard a hiss and was attacked by a smaller creature. He felt a sharp sting as its teeth impaled his cheek and bit into the skin. His brutally loud shriek pierced the camp and anyone’s ears that were around to hear it.
Across the camp the dark mist loomed around a single guard and he smiled. The rain had stopped and a thin fog replaced it. He turned around very fast; in circles he twisted staring into the black of the night.
“This Blitzkrieg is the worst yet.” He muttered under his breath. His eyebrows burrowed as a noise alarmed him. He stared intently into the dark brushes.
“Who’s hiding? Fire at me you coward.” He said and after no movement he said “Die Juden sind unser Unglück. Leave us alone.” Trying to persuade the attackers to leave; telling who ever from whatever country that the Jews were their misfortune.
Another noise from behind, another turn of his head. He chuckled and fired a whole clip into the bushes around him doing a 360. He stopped and reached into his leg pouch to grab another round when his other leg got a sharp piercing pain. He looked and saw no bullet hole but felt an over whelming pain in his calf. He bent over and fell to the ground grunting. His large hands grabbed his leg as it tensed and shook with pain. The agony moved to his foot and he screamed and began to tremble. The pain was unbearable and he buried his head into the dirt. He heard a shuffle from the bushes and watched a tall thin figure glide out of the trees. Its limb extended and was pointing out. The creature raised his arm higher and the pain increased in the man’s leg. He grunted, breathing heavy now as his body shook violently.
All of a sudden the creature disappeared into thin air and the pain subsided. The man stopped clenching his eyes and sat up to look at his leg. He wiped the sweat off his face and let out a deep breath. Staring at his leg he found that it appeared completely normal and he looked around him quickly grabbing his pistol from his side. He moved his head but all he could see was darkness, until…
Until the figure appeared right in front of his head and an incredible pain pierced his temple and went straight to his skull.
“Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh” He yelled at the top of his lungs as his head exploded with pain. Red blood oozed from his ears and eye sockets and then he fell down lifelessly hitting the dirt with a soft thud.

Behind cell D a group of seven guards had gathered, the rain had now picked back up and it pelted the earth so hard that they could barely hear each other yell.
They stood together with guns pointed out. Some scared some fearless. They had searched all the cells and had only found 3 jews out of all they had captured they all wondered where they had gone. The gassing had stopped an hour ago when they had begun being under attack. The three terrified jews were standing with rope tied around their ankles and wrists. They were huddled together behind the guards, shaking; either with fear or from the cold wet rain.
A loud boom of thunder shook the sky. Then a flash of lightning lit the whole camp so they were able to see a huge flat silver disk in the sky hovering overhead. One guard gasped in fear and dropped his weapon as the guard next to him silently screamed his arms and legs outstretched. He was suspended a foot in the area his eyes completely black circles. His gun slid from his fingers and hit the muddy ground as well. He slowly was propelled into the sky towards the huge aircraft in the sky. The lightning storm stopped and they could no longer see anything. The men screamed the soldiers name frantically. A flash of lightning lit up the camp again and they looked for their friend in the air. But nothing. He was no longer hovering in the air. And the huge aircraft they had just seen only seconds ago above their heads wasn’t there anymore.

“Holly schnitzel” One guy said and he put his hand on his head, his mind was all of a sudden foggy. He lowered his weapon and fell to his knees crying. He spoke in rapid German while sobbing. The men around him looked at him unsure of the cause for his actions. He sobbed and put his hand on his chest praying. Another flash of lightning, and the men around him saw him yanked back into the heavy rain. Like someone had picked him up and propelled him five feet in the air then jerked him through the air. He was gone, just like the other soldier. And all the guards around him could see was his gun lying where he used to be. They heard the terrifying scream, it rang in their ears and if they lived through the night would haunt their dreams.

“It’s ok everyone, raise your weapons. Give these demons hell.” One man said as a large figure rushed towards him its tail sparking like it was a lightning rod. He shot him with multiple bullets and the creature bounced back and landed on the ground.

From behind he felt cold slippery fingers cover his eyes then move down to his throat where its sharp claws dug their way into his skin. He yelled but he soon stopped when all that was coming out of his mouth anymore was blood. Thick red blood dripped from his mouth replacing his screams. His lifeless body fell to the ground except his was featured without a head. The alien that had attacked this Nazi had his head resting in stomach.

The rain continued to pour over except no one covered their eyes or looked up into the sky when in lightning struck. No one heard any screams and no one shivered from the rain because everyone in the whole camp lay motionless on the ground. While in the distance lights shined bright while people mistook them for stars the bodies in the camps proved they weren’t.