The Date | Teen Ink

The Date

By Chandler9345 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
Chandler9345 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

“Scarlet are you sure you don’t want anything to eat anything?” James asked, as he looked at the beautiful woman across the table. As he shoved another bite into his mouth, she giggled and replied with a nod, then wiped the syrup off the side of his cheek. The Diner wasn’t even half full, nor should it be at such a late hour. The lights flickered constantly, and if you looked hard enough, every five minutes a roach would skitter across the floor from somewhere. James finished his waffles, and glanced at the woman before him. Her wavy auburn hair fell on her shoulders with grace, her green eyes caught the light just right, and her pale skin looked soft and delicious like cream. He wanted her so bad it hurt, and this was just the first date of many to come.

After the bill was paid, the couple walked out to the curb near the diner, and called a cab. The moon was high, and a cool breeze casually rolled through the town. Street lights fought the stars over light, and a stray dog rustled around in a near by garbage can.

“I hate sending you home without getting you any food, you haven’t eaten all day.” James said with a little more worry in his voice than intended.

“Don’t worry about it, Ill just order take out when I get back to the hotel.” Scarlet said, attempting to reassure the guy. James still felt bad about his date not eating, but he didn’t want to be pushy, so he let it go.
Eventually after ten long silent minutes the cab finally arrived. There weren’t many cars on the road, and it made the long stretch of highway quieter than it usually was. Street lights decreased and eventually the stars won the night, their beauty adding to the surreal feeling of the drive back to Scarlet’s hotel room. James looked over at his date and thought,
“How did I find a girl this beautiful that actually likes me?” He pondered on that thought a little more, and decided that what ever luck he had been granted to him, he sure as hell wasn’t going to ruin it.
The cab pulled onto the small street that led into the small town Scarlet’s hotel was located in. The street lights competed for attention again, and slowly began to dampen the dream like car ride. James knew the date was nearing its end, and soaked up every moment of it. He glanced to the side of him and just observed every curve, every shadow, and every little inch of her beautiful face. He inhaled her scent like a drug, and at that moment he was happy to just be. Scarlet glanced over at the boy she had spent her day with. He was handsome enough, His messy brown hair and cool blue eyes attracted her. But the night had to end eventually, and this guy was great, but he wasn't what she needed. Sadly she knew this date would end like all the others.
James and Scarlet walked up to the entrance of the small hotel, their hands tangled together like mesh as they walked. James reached into his pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill.
“Scarlet, if you are going to get take out, then at least let me pay for it. We are on a date after all, and what kind of man would I be if I didn't pay for your meal.” James put the twenty into Scarlet’s hand and smiled.
“James…”she sighs “Thank you.” And then she smiled. “Come here I have to show you something.” She grabbed his hand, and pulled him into a dark alley near by.
Nothing dared to move in the dark alley, and it was a quiet as a funeral. James knew what Scarlet was going to show him had to be serious.
“James I had so much fun today, more fun than I have had in a long time. You are handsome, and you are such a nice guy.” She paused; unsure whether or not she should proceed. “James I want so badly for you to be my forever guy, but you are too nice and I couldn't possibly do that to you. That’s why” She paused again “That’s why I have to do this.”
“Wha-” James couldn’t even get the words out before he was flung into the wall behind him. Scarlet stood there with her arm up, holding her victim to the wall with a telekinetic grip. Suddenly the structure of her face changed enough to allow two long fangs to move down into position. She walked forward in a moment that seemed like forever. Upon reaching the helpless body, she grabbed his head and tilted it head to expose his neck.
A sharp pain blasted through James’s neck as Scarlet sank her fangs in deep and began her meal. James screamed in agony because in a moment that seemed like forever, Scarlet had almost drained all of the blood from James’s body. When suddenly the pain stopped, and James plopped into a pile of ashes, blood and clothing that lay on the floor. Panting heavily, James looked up to see a mysterious figure standing over him holding a wooden stake.
“Who are you?” James asked in between breaths. The mysterious figure slipped the wooden stake into the coat pocket on their jacket, and replied.
“Collin Creole, a Vampire Hunter.”

PuppyLove16 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used."

More, please, MORE!!!! :)