Acena Rush | Teen Ink

Acena Rush

October 11, 2011
By BreakingInside BRONZE, Pinson, Alabama
BreakingInside BRONZE, Pinson, Alabama
4 articles 0 photos 29 comments

"Duck!" I ducked down just in time before the glass shattered above our heads. "Wheres Kade?" Zane yelled over the sound of gun fire. That was when it hit me. Kade had never made it inside with us. She had never seen the inside of this place. A high pitched scream interrupted my thoughts. "Acennaaaa!" It was Kade. "Kade!" I yelled back crawling to the door of the room dodging bullets. I turned invisible creeping under the crack of the door. "Acena." Zane let out a ragged breath. I could hear him fall against the floor. Acena. Acena. Acena. My own name echoed through my mind. But it came from Zane.

At that point I had a decision. Save my best friend or save the guy I was in love with. "Acena." I heard Kade for the last time before the bullets stopped and everything became quiet. I became visible again. I heard footsteps and shuffling of feet coming from the other bedrooms. Daze and Maze were the first to poke out their heads. "What was that?" They asked even though I knew they already knew. "Foreign," They gave me a quick glance "They took Kade."

The next morning we all sat in the kitchen in a awkward silence. Maze and Daze glanced at each other. Zane glanced at me every few seconds. Holding the wound where he had been shot in the stomach. Angelica studied Ace. Ace studied her back. Richard looked at the ground looking up at the clock every minute or so. I sat running over the events in my head that had gotten us to this point. If you had told my five year old self this I would have thought it was amazing. Now I wished it had never happened. I was born with these powers. Not like the rest of my friends who had some how gotten them over the years.

The t.v. turned on making us all jump. We all stared as our names popped up on the screen. Candace Shaw happen to be the news reporter today. She spoke in a quiet timid voice. Her bangs falling into her face. "We have news that the Ace Rush case has been re-opened. New evidence confirms she may still be alive. Also now Acena Rush her older sister has gone missing. People have now begun speaking of them as The Missing Pair. We also just got in that Acena's best friends Angelica Morris, Maze Dawn, Daze Dawn and Zane Taylor have also disappeared. If you have seen any of these children or have had any contact with them please call the number at the bottom of the screen. Thank you now back to you Dave." Dave's voice melted away from my world.


The author's comments:
Okay, so this is the 2nd to the trilogy of Zane Taylor. I hope you enjoy! Sorry it has taken me sooooo long to write it.