The Curse | Teen Ink

The Curse

By K.M.S.Shear BRONZE, Cherokee, Iowa
K.M.S.Shear BRONZE, Cherokee, Iowa

"Some people think writing is a waist of their time. For me it’s a way to draw an image of myself through the painting of words."

I saw myself. The glimmering moonlight streamed into the night. I glanced at my reflection in the lake which made my grief worse. I’m a wolf not a human but, a monster cursed by the night. Alone. Is that all we feel? I turned away from the retched reminder of what I am. I started cry. I ran into the forest and it became a blur as I head home.
One Month Later…
Tonight was when my greatest fear could come true. The full moon was not what I feared but, the bite. To create another was to curse another. That would have been a horror in its own way.
It was just before lunch time when my world was turned up sided down. I walled the halls unnoticed like an invisible ghost. I saw a of group of boys that were harassing some kid. The kid was shaking in despair. He reached into his backpack. He pulled out a gun. The others went silent. “Ok man, just put the gun down.” He said reluctantly and in a nervous manner. I could smell his fear.
“Why!” he yelled, “do I have to deal with your persecution?” He pointed the gun at them. He turned his head. A teacher approached slowly and hesitantly.
“Trevor it’s ok. We all can talk about his. Just put the gun down.” she whispered softly. He started to point the gun to the ground and then fired it in the air.
“Everyone gets on the ground.” he shouted. We all got to our knees. Some people screamed and he yelled at them to shut up. They did as he said.
Hours later I started to feel the moon rise. I saw the full silver glimmering circle in the sky through the glass ceiling. My heart started to race and I began to sweat. I then smelled another werewolf. Trevor came over to me and crouched. I held my breath. The smell was coming from him. His amber eyes were turning wolf like.
“So Kayla you’re the one I bit” he whispered into my ear. His breath was hot on my neck. He smiled while sliding his hand through my hair. He snatched the gun and shot me in the arm. I flinched in pain. The werewolf in me made it only a slight wound.
“Monster.” I hissed. He grabbed my chin so I was glaring into his eyes.
“We both are.” He replied plainly.
Pain struck through me like a lightning bolt. Was I going to control myself around all these? Why did he enjoy being a werewolf? How could he do this to me? I was going to make him pay for doing this to me. He was going to die.
My mind wasn’t my own. It was the monster in side of me. My eyes turned wolf like and the color white. I began to shift in front of witnesses. They now were going to know my deepest darkest secret.

I love to read about supernatural creatures so enjoy and please comment.

byebye said...
byebye, Nevermore, Other
This is very good in many ways, but it just needs more development. try to really put yourself in the character's shoes and make the reader really "believe" in everything he's doing and seeing. Overall this was a very good piece, and I rated it 4 out of 5! :)