Excerpt | Teen Ink

Excerpt

December 24, 2010
By sany.lastflame PLATINUM, Frederick, Colorado
sany.lastflame PLATINUM, Frederick, Colorado
33 articles 16 photos 255 comments

Time will not stand still for even a moment of foolish hesitation. After many painful and excruciating lessons, I now know that very clearly. Time is a key element in survival in these lands. Without time on your side, you are destined to fail and suffer for eternity. The time of the dark ages was now. The time of death for all hope is now. Time is not on our sides, time is our enemy.


Mankind is known to be the greatest of all. How we adapt to the strongest of forces, how we fight against nature, how we mend the broken. Man is the greatest leader of the worlds. Man knows how to stay strong and protect the land. Overtime, man has created the most complex machinery and have made great and powerful contributions in life and society. Man has helped us develop into what we are today. He created law and order and enforced them upon us. Man can sail across the seas and fly across the skies. Man can travel into space and dwell under the ground. Those are the men of the planet Earth.

Earth, where life seems to be meaningless and humans go on with their days living life until they are dead. Where no one seems to care of the laws of nature and their surrounding. That would be Earth for you.


However, there is more to life, there are more places to be discovered, there are more sights to be seen. The beings on Earth just don’t know it and never will. Imagine venturing to a place where you feel truly alive and there is more and more to explore. Where you have no worries and you can soar in the sky with peace and serenity. Where you are one in nature, where you and nature are entwined together. Where no one is in charge, and where you do not want death to come as quickly as it can. This is the real place, this is Serania.