Condensed Planet Death | Teen Ink

Condensed Planet Death

By Ben Taylor BRONZE, Naples, Idaho
Ben Taylor BRONZE, Naples, Idaho

Humans were trying to tap into the seemingly limitless source of thermal energy deep inside the mantle, but they did not realize the potential this opened up to would-be terrorists. One of the lead scientists dropped roughly twenty thousand thermonuclear bombs into the mantle across at points across the world. He held the world ransom. But the world would not comply, so he detonated them. In one suicidal event, the entire populous living one the planet burned to a cinder as the planet slowly pulled itself apart.

Chunks of the crust were agonizingly torn apart by tectonic forces suddenly moving in erratic patterns in an accelerated rate. Volcanoes popped up all around the globe, covering the atmosphere with a toxic cloud of volcanic ash. California became and island for a time, before it smashed into Asia. The oceans were literally boiling from the relentless flows of lava from deep beneath the crust. Thin sections of the crust literally had massive holes blasted out. Human cities melted to smoldering ruins at the constant onslaught of volcanic storms.

The sudden magnetic destabilization caused the orbit of the moon to steadily decline. After a few years, the moon could no longer hold its precarious orbit, and fell into the earth.

At that point, things were beginning to calm down, the turbulences in the mantle once again becoming steady. But, when the moon began its brutal descent into the writhing planet’s surface, things would never be the same again. When the moon touched the surface, it literally exploded. Massive shards of stone descended into the mantle of the planet, pushing the nickel-iron core of the earth to the side, causing devastation at an abhorrent scale. Earth began to wobble on its axis faster and faster. The desecrated crust peeled off and was flung into the vastness of space. The core began to work its way to the far side of the planet, to be launched away as well.

So, the earth once again became a proto planet, the moon’s core taking the place of earth’s old one.

This whole process took about five hundred eighty-nine million years.

Just an idea.

DesignerPancake BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida

DESIGNER PANCAKES WILL RULE THE WORLD!

Holy Shoot. That is pretty cool. I like the cataclysmic-ness of it. Good job!

SO SAYS DESIGNER PANCAKE!