Assassin's Creed: Darkness part 1 | Teen Ink

Assassin's Creed: Darkness part 1

September 30, 2010
By VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
18 articles 0 photos 81 comments

Robert brushed past the crowd of people; he had to get to his meeting. He thought himself high and official; he was nothing but a deer in a scope, my scope. I walked casually behind him, he had to slow down because of the crowd of people; he didn’t notice me. I quickly drew my hand around his neck, letting the blades on my fingers cut through his neck, and then threw a smoke bomb. Some people gagged, some choked, and one girl even let out a high pitched scream. I quickly melded into the shadows, watching as people screamed even more when they noticed Robert’s body. I walked back out and walked away from the scene, I had done my job.
“That’s the tenth one this month.” John, or as he was known around the office “The Hunter”, said, shaking his head. The Brotherhood held strong for centuries, times had changed. Yet one man acted as though he was back in 1450. The Brotherhood had been started in 456 B.C. (or so the old records say), and is still alive even in 2020. Now they had different sections that raised different fighters. Sally, or “The Courtesan”, walked up and glanced over the paper. “One man did all of this?” she asked. “He seemed to use a claw or something.” John said, turning to Mike. Mike, The Banker, stood angrily. “No one has used the claw in ages.” he said, “It is a sacred relic.” The Noble had a point, only a selected few killed in the old styles anymore, but people mostly killed with guns. “Our side still uses needles.” Robert, The Doctor, said matter-of-factly.
“I wasn’t accusing you Mike.” John said patiently, “I just wanted to know what you knew about his weapon.” Mike glanced at my paper, “From what this says, this claw has five fingers, so this person likes his kills up close and personal.” “All of these people seemed to be businessmen for the United States,” Travis, The Priest, said, shaking his head sadly, “this goes against the Creed.” The Assassin’s Creed is a set of rules that assassins must follow. There were no exceptions. “We will have to send someone against him.” John said. “I’ll go.” Jake, The Harlequin, said eagerly. Everyone looked at each other. “Let’s send Jack first.” John said, “Then you.” Jake’s face fell. “Is everyone in agreement?” John asked. No one said no.


The author's comments:
The Assassin's Creed games inspired me to write this, If you don't like it, tell me so I don't post a part 2 and no one reads it.