The Revelation(part 1) | Teen Ink

The Revelation(part 1)

September 22, 2010
By VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
18 articles 0 photos 81 comments

It was too fun! My Mistress came crawling back to us an hour after I won our “debate” and begged me to step down. “She should be dead.” Carolyn said, her eyes wide with terror. I laughed “Remember Precious,” I said, “Only fire can kill us once and for all.” “Listen,” My Mistress had said, “I am the only one with the authority to lead us all.” I laughed at her, my victory had loosened me up. “You lost your authority when I snapped your neck.” I said, enjoying her uncontrollable flinch when I said it.
“Give it back.” she said, trying to put authority into her tone. I lost my temper a bit, “You should be thanking me for sparing your life.” I said, enjoying her trembling, “Now you can stay with us, with my guaranteed protection, or you can try to join a new clan.” I smiled as she struggled with the decision. This was like the same decision she gave me. Other vampire clans didn’t enjoy vampires who were kicked out of their own clans, they were considered weak. “Fine.” She had said, “I swear my loyalty to this clan.”
Now in 2023 vampire hunters had risen again, trying to execute us secretly. I had met some of their failed attempts, vampires who had been staked and left for dead. “Maybe it’s time to reveal ourselves.” I said to all of my brethren. I was immediately met with outbursts of anger and fear. “Now listen,” I said, “we cannot allow ourselves to be hunted like animals again. So we should try to be treated as equals.” “Bah!” a voice said, “Look at what happened to Salem.” “Salem was one city,” I said calmly, “the world is more tolerable now.” “What if you’re wrong?” another voice asked timidly. “Well then,” I said, “it’ll be a fun new experience.”
So after the next presidential election I went to visit Ms. Megan Young, the first female president. I told the receptionist I was a civil rights leader (halfway true) and, using my power, she let me in. I sat at the chair in the middle of the room with four men surrounding me. Miss Young looked out of place behind a desk. “What can I do for you Mr.?” I paused for a moment, I had forgotten my real name, so I made a new one. “Roga.” I said, extending a hand. She took it, which surprised me, then said “How can I help you?”
“Well I am not a civil rights leader.” I began. “Oh I know,” she said, smiling at my stunned expression, “I know all of the civil rights activists around our area and no one fitting your description is a member,” she sat more comfortably, “so try again.” “First let me say that you are very clever.” I said, “Then let me warn you that this information will change history forever.” I took a deep breath, “I’m a vampire.” She stared at me for quite a while, then said “I’m sorry if you thought I was going to buy that. You seem like a smart man, but to lie to the President…”
I leaned forward and exposed my teeth, letting my fangs come out. She leapt back in her chair and several guns were aimed at me. “ I’m not here to assassinate you,” I said, “but to teach you.” She breathed slowly, then stared coldly. “I will not take threats of overturning our society…” I held up a hand, “I know what you do with alien revelations and so on,” I said, “but I want you to expose us.”


The author's comments:
It's sort of long, but it's worth it.