The Change (part four of the begining) | Teen Ink

The Change (part four of the begining)

By VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia

I had to admit it, she was good. Only ten years and already getting the hang of her powers. The time is now about 2013. So no, there was no end of the world. You can relax now. Carolyn was already a terror of the night. I swelled with pride as she stalked in the night. Yet I felt held back. Not by Carolyn, but my creator. She kept a very close eye on us, never letting us hunt far. We were not meant to be held on a leash, we needed more freedom. “Didn’t you say thinking against her was…blasphemous in a way?” Carolyn asked when I told her my beliefs. “I did.” I admitted, “So maybe I’m hypocritical, but you can see my point.” “Yeah,” she said after a long pause, “but there’s nothing we can do about it.” Well there was, but I wasn’t about to go through with it, or tell Carolyn about it. I could challenge her for leadership…but it was risky. Vampires might not follow me, thinking I’m weak. Plus the fact she’s one of the FIRST vampire’s ever made, with that age comes power.

But…what if I could kill her? What if I could be a leader? NO NO NO!!!! Don’t think like that! To late… “So,” the Mistress said, sneaking up on me yet again, “you think you can kill me? Take my throne?” Oh well. “Yes I do.” I said, standing tall. She let out a laugh. “Fine.” she said, “Follow me.” she said, running swiftly through the trees. I did follow, just as swiftly. There was a huge hole in the ground, with vampires gathered around it. Just like… “An arena.” my mistress said, finishing my thought. We both leapt down into the pit. “The rule,” my mistress began, “is not to leave the arena.” She crouched “Ready?” she asked with a smile. I just nodded. “Go!” she shouted. We didn’t move as we first tried to break into each other’s mind. Her rapid jabs helped hide my small tendrils. We both waited, looking for an opening. I could feel myself sneaking into her mind. Then she snarled, running at me. I stopped my attack to dodge. She barely nicked me, but that was too close. I didn’t crouch or snarl, I didn’t want to prove the stereotypes right. She twisted and ran at me. I sent my power again, finding the weakness in her head, then I told the tendril to bury deeper. She was almost at me I could see the anger. Then I felt my tendril hit a bump. She suddenly convulsed, then leapt to the side. She stared at me, I could see the slight glimpse of fear in her eyes. That fear felt like a battery, because I felt a new strength in me. I sent the tendril into the bump and she screamed in pain. I actually stopped, stunned, the other vampires looked with the same stunned expression. The mistress NEVER screamed. She looked at me with a deep loathing, then leapt at me. I didn’t hesitate this time. I dug that tendril into her mind and she screamed again. I walked up to her as she screamed. Then I grabbed her head and snapped her neck. Her body slumped, then I glanced around at the others. “Am I not worthy?” I asked. The other vampires burst out in cheer, then a few came down to burn the body. “No!” I commanded, “Leave her. We have proven I’m the new leader.” The vampires bowed in respect. I leapt out of the pit and was embraced by my beloved. “Now,” I said, “we will have a new change for this coven, a better one.” The vampires all screamed my name to the heavens.

In order: The Beginning, The One, The Choice, then The Change.

VampireX GOLD said...
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
Thank you, and I will.

Kenziesue104 BRONZE, Wabash, Indiana

Im the kinda girl Whos hurt, but will always make your day:)

I love your storys! Your vocab. is absolutly amazing. You check some of mine out. Im addicted to Vampires:>

deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

Do it!! It'll be great and you're welcome!

TrinityCreed said...
With a guy with the name of  vampirex, you write a lot of vampire stories. Good work! Keep on writing! Maybe, just maybe, you might be a best selling author who writes about vampires.

VampireX GOLD said...
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
thank you. I have an idea for a vampire hunter part, then combine them in that

This stands out from a lot of other vampire, creatures of the night, monster stuff thats out there. Keep it up!