Sanavich House Part one(coming up with new title) | Teen Ink

Sanavich House Part one(coming up with new title)

September 13, 2010
By BubblyBurlee BRONZE, Mt. Olive, Illinois
BubblyBurlee BRONZE, Mt. Olive, Illinois
3 articles 6 photos 12 comments

Roselyn’s P.O.V.


I turned the corner onto my block. The chilly September night wind stung my cheeks. I walked faster, wanting to be safe under the warmth of my blankets. As I got closer to my house, I crept into our yard, hiding beneath the large willow tree. The lights were all out. That was good. I snuck out when everyone was already asleep, and I was sure no one came into my room to check on me.

Tip toeing across the yard and to the front door, I grabbed my key from my pocket and slid it into the door knob. The door opened silently, a sigh of relief washed over me. I walked in, shutting the door behind me. A smile curved on my lips, I was actually going to get away with this. Not that I haven’t before. Right as I reached the stairs, the light flashed on. I froze. I was caught.

“Where the h*** have you been?” My mom stomped over the to stairs where I was.

I stumbled for an excuse.

“Where? Spit it out!” She grabbed my arm tightly, pulling me close to her.

“I was at Beth’s house!” I let out, “She needed-”

Her grip tightened on me, knowing it would cut me off. “Stop the with the excuses Roselyn! I’m sick of this bulls***! Me and your father do everything for you and you do this to us!” She let go of me sharply. “Your’s just a spoiled little brat!”

I held onto my arm and fell to the stairs, looking down at my feet. “please, just let me explai--” I whispered.

“What is there to explain? You’ve been doing this every night little lady, and I’m beyond sick of it. There is going to have to be something done about it. Now get up to your room before your father wakes up and beats you till your a** is redder than a tomato!”

Tears swelled into my eyes, but I hurried up the stairs, not letting them escape until I was safe in my room alone. I grabbed the pillow off my bed and threw it at the wall as hard as I could. She wouldn’t even give me time to explain! But what was there to really explain? If I did, she’d think I was crazy.

That’s why I go to Beth.

I’ve known Beth since we were in kindergarten, our mom’s were best friends in High school, but for some reason hate each other now. My mom hates that fact that Beth is my best friend, but I don’t care. Beth has done more for me then my own blood. That has to say something.

Getting to sleep was hard. I had the same nightmare over and over. I was in a class room with a bunch of kids I didn’t know. Suddenly the scene would change to me and this boy being chased down a dark empty hall by these demons with red eyes. Then he disappeared and I was all alone, trying to get away. And of course I didn’t. The demon would sweep down and clutch onto me and I’d wake up.


“Rose,” I woke up to my dad peeking his head through my half opened door. “We need to talk about last night.”

I sighed, wanting to hide under my blankets but I sat up and waved him in. He came and sat on my bed next to me.

“Care to explain why you where out past four in the morning?”

I sat up more, against the wall and crossed my legs. Might as well as get comfortable. “I was having a hard time sleeping last night and got a bit freaked out…” I didn’t want to get into details. “So I snuck out and went to Beth’s and she stayed up and talked to me until I calmed down and was ready to come home..” I hugged my legs. “I didn’t mean to make you guys worry.”

He was frowning, deep in thought. I knew what he was going to ask before he even thought it.

“What were you afraid of, Rose?”

“I-I can’t tell you..” I stumbled.

“Why not? I’m your father, I have the right to know what’s scaring my little girl.” He was trying to butter up, and I knew that, he really didn’t care. My parents were too wealthy and busy to care about anything else. Yet they’d yell at me for being gone, when they hadn’t even bothered to come say goodnight to me.

“Come on Rose,” he was getting impatient.

“tell him, child.”

I looked around quickly, my heart beat starting to race. Where had that come from?

“tell him and everything will get better.” the voice said.

I didn’t know what else to do, so I told him. His face grew unbelievable with every word I said.