The One | Teen Ink

The One

By VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia

It has been 100 years since my transformation. My mistress is happy with the way I evolved. I am now stalking my final prey, a woman. I reach out with my power, telling her to hold still. She did pause, as they all did. I walked up behind her. She turned around, her hair seeming to glisten in the moonlight.

What was that? Just an idle thought. I smiled “Would you like me to walk you home?” I asked, feigning kindness. She relaxed as she recognized me, they all did. “Sure.” she said, smiling. What is this feeling? It’s not anticipation, I’ve felt that millions of times. I held out my arm and she took it, her teeth gleaming beautifully as she smiled. What? Why am I having these thoughts? No matter, I just need to feed. To feel my fangs break her warm skin.
What? Why does that feel wrong? What is wrong with me? I knew the answer, I was in love. No! I couldn’t be! I can control my teenage self. No, she was too much like me. I needed her. “Something wrong?” she asked, I had paused for too long. I let my power flow out gently, lulling her to sleep. I caught her before she hit the ground and I ran with her to my home. My kin circled me, wanting the girl. “BACK!” I shouted, letting my power flow. They retreated and my mistress came to me. “What is that?” she asked, looking disdainfully at Carolyn, who was still asleep in my arms. “I got to know her too well,” I admitted shamefully, “I want her.”

My mistress shook her head. “This is not the way we work.” She said. “Let me have her.” I begged. She stared at me “We can’t turn everyone we have an affinity for.” “Please…” I begged, “I don’t think I can live without her.” She pondered then smiled wickedly. “You can have her,” she said, “if she accepts.” I was shocked. No one wanted to be turned these days. I breathed out. “Fine.” I said.

VampireX GOLD said...
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
This is part 2 to The Begining.