The Begining | Teen Ink

The Begining

September 3, 2010
By VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
18 articles 0 photos 81 comments

I walked in the night searching. Every lead I had led me here, to this house. I prayed silently, knowing I never would again. I walked into the house. It looked empty, but they were there, pulsating their energy over me. “Come on!” I shouted, feeling their power shift in annoyance. I heard footsteps on the stairs and looked up. She was beautiful, and deadly. This was their leader, their creator. I bowed, what more could a human do against her? She walked up slowly, studying me. “Here you are in my domain.” She said in the most beautiful voice I had ever heard, “you come with no protection or weapons…state your business.”

She wrapped her power around me in a dark vice. I gulped in air. “I wish to join you.” I said with as much courage as I could muster. She paused, and then let out a laugh that echoed around the house. “Why should you wish to join me?” she asked. “I do not enjoy the torture I am put through every day.” I replied. She waved a hand, “I have heard the same story time and again.” she said, “and I always refuse.” “I have experience with your kind, and I know who you are,” I looked her right in the eye,” true bride of Dracula.” She raised an eyebrow, “you are well informed,” she said, “but that twinge of information won’t save your life.” “You never turned anyone.” I said, startling her, “because you didn’t think anyone pure enough to join Dracula’s line.” I gestured around the room, “All these vampires and you didn’t turn one of them. I am different” She laughed again, “how are you different?” she asked.
I smiled, hoping my trump card would work, “Because I’m still alive, you feel something in me and you want to keep it for yourself.” I said in one breath. She paused “you are not uneducated.” she said, “most who come to me are looking for immortality alone.” She cocked her head “I will do it,” she said, “but if you fail me I will kill you.” I nodded, my mouth dry. She walked up to me steadily, smiling. “In the name of Vlad Dracul I welcome you to our bloodline.” She was a foot from me now “may whatever God there is have mercy on your soul.” She was instantly in front of me and jerked my head to the side. I blacked out as her fangs entered my neck…