Terrestrial Extra | Teen Ink

Terrestrial Extra

By Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

Prologue

Log 492: date: unknown: ID: captain Allel: Ship name: The Eruk:
<the Eruk has taken enormous damage from a siege laid on us by enemies from the Callell galaxy. We are low on fuel and the engines are giving out, we will have to make a crash landing on an uncharted blue planet, which appears to have sentient beings that inhabit it. We may be able to communicate with them and ask their help to repair the ship.>
Log 567: date: unknown: ID: captain Allel: Ship name: The Eruk:
<it has been six months on earth, as the time units are called here on earth. I met a native woman a month ago and have become very close to her. She is helping the other natives repair the ship.>
Log 924: date: unknown: id: captain Allel: ship name: the Eruk
<the ship is working again after three months of work. The communication screen began to operate and our leader insisted we come back at once, enemies from the Callell galaxy were attacking our home planet Alkulon, and we were needed to defend the imperial palace. It was hard saying goodbye to Ellen, the woman I met four months ago. She begged me to stay but I had to go, my planet needed me. Nevertheless, I promised I would come back once the war was over.>
But little did the captain know, there was something much bigger that he had unknowingly started on earth. It had been seventeen earth years since Allel left earth. Soon his offspring would discover just how special they were.

Chapter 1
Nonuplets

Nine, Allel and Ellen had nine children. Five girls and four boys. They all attended Midnight High school as juniors and they all couldn’t stand each other. Their names were Aloysius, Arnau, Kamau, Onofre, Finlay, Ouida, Oya, Yaotl, and Zelda. Aloysius was one of the most popular people in school, right next to his sister Ouida. Arnau was stronger than three oxen but not as dumb. Onofre was a pacifist and always seemed to solve problems before they started. Kamau had a very quiet voice, whenever he spoke that is. Finlay had no pigment whatsoever and she was fierce but fragile. Oya spent all the time outside she possibly could and always stood outdoors during a windy day. Yaotl was tough and she always won, even if she had to cheat. The word ‘can’t’ is not in her vocabulary. Zelda was tough, but with a feminine twist. They all avoid being seen in the same room as one another and they each stay at least fifteen feet away from each other if they are in the same place. Their story begins on a Saturday, their birthday.
They all woke up sometime after noon, groggily heaving themselves out of bed. Their house, or rather mansion, was large enough to accommodate twenty people. They had two bathrooms that were like expensive locker rooms, ten spare bedrooms, one grand master bedroom, an enormous kitchen, a living room that you could fit a small stadium in, a recreational room that the nonuplets had separated into sections, an elevator, an arcade full of vintage game stations, and a backyard that you could fit central park in that was half ocean beach. However, today was different, there was something extremely unusual happening to each of them. Aloysius was unknowingly sprouting wings and a tail, and claws. He wandered into the bathroom with his clawed paws clicking on the linoleum tile. He took a glance at himself in the mirror and uttered a roar that was meant to be a shriek of horror; he was a bright blue dragon that was about the size of a large horse. He rubbed his eyes and looked back at the mirror. He was himself again, I must be really tired. He thought.
Arnau burst in, literally. He had charged down the hall to see what had made that horrible scream. And he shattered the door by slamming it open. Chunks and splinters of wood sprayed through the bathroom and Aloysius had to put up his arms to keep from going blind. Kamau was a heavy sleeper and didn’t want to wake up yet. As he tossed and turned, he put his pillow over his head and tuned up his stereo as loud as it could go, but Aloysius and Arnau were arguing so loud it didn’t help. Kamau couldn’t take this much noise. He sat up and screamed.
“QUIET!” a super-sonic wave of sound rippled through the estate, shattering the windows and breaking everything in his room. Onofre was having a bad day like the rest of them; he wished that the windows in his room weren’t broken because he didn’t want to deal with conflict. The broken glass formed a globule and it oozed up off the floor, up the wall and back to where it was supposed to be, Onofre looked up and jumped so hard in bed that he fell out. I’m having a nightmare. He assumed it true.
The light in Finlay's room had burned out while she slept, she flicked it on, but she began to glow instead. Light was emanating from her very skin but it shined brightest in her eyes. The light flash-blinded Oya, who began waving her arms in front of her, was creating a whirlwind that scattered everything in the bathroom everywhere and sent Finlay slamming into the door unable to move against the hurricane. Ouida opened the door to the bathroom to see what was making so much noise, and immediately Finlay was flung out the door and slammed into the wall across the hallway. Ouida didn’t know it, but energy was surrounding her like a red cloud of magic. She let loose a battle cry and threw her arm out forward. The red energy hit Oya and her whirlwind stopped. Finlay’s light died down to nothing. Yaotl stomped down the hall to yell at her siblings to stop making a ruckus, she stomped her bare foot on the ground to steady herself to push Ouida down. Ouida knew the stance too well to hold still, so she ducked out of the way. Yaotl thrust her arms out forward and missed Ouida by an inch, but a circular pattern made of green light showed in the air in front of her hands, it flashed and sent a pillar of emerald flame hurtling down the hall. Zelda was awake for a long time but now she couldn’t take the noise. She stormed out onto the hall and began yelling in a deep voice, excessively deep to be hers. Her siblings in the hall stared. Zelda rushed into the bathroom and staring back at her in the mirror was, a man. Her long luxurious hair had reduced to shoulder length, her full bust was gone, and she had all the bells and whistles of being a man, who let out a shriek. Zelda dashed out into the hall and ran to attack her brother Aloysius. She grabbed Aloysius’s shirt and began to ask questions.
“What did you do? What did you do?!” Aloysius put up his hands in defense.
“Look dude, I have no idea what you’re talking about... Are those my sister’s pajamas?” Zelda punched him in the face. Aloysius’s nose began bleeding.
“You imbecile! I am your sister!” Arnau grabbed Zelda by the back of the shorts and she began to scream in pain.
“What did you do to my sister, and my brother?” Arnau demanded. Zelda got past the pain and whirled around to bite her brother’s hand. Arnau howled and let go of Zelda's shorts. Zelda was too angry to let her grip in her brother’s hand go yet. Aloysius leaped on his sister, thinking that she was some sick jerk who broke into her room. Unknowingly going back to dragon form, he took a swipe across his sister’s face. Blood pulsated from her cheek in four lines, but it stopped when she went back to her female form.
Meanwhile, Ouida and Yaotl were throwing punches, energy beams, and fireballs scorching the hall and the silk curtains that hung by the shattered windows. Finlay was glowing and when she pointed her fingers, strong beams of light shot from them like lightning. Oya began assembling spheres of wind and firing them at her sister, who relentlessly shot laser bolts at her. Onofre was attempting to fix Kamau’s material possessions, Kamau had scared himself so badly that he had fainted. Onofre gathered his unconscious brother and dragged him out in the hall, to the battlefield. He held out a hand to attempt to stop the fighting. Globs of the floor affixed themselves to the fighter’s feet; Onofre set Kamau on the floor and released his siblings one at a time.
“I suggest that we discuss this after breakfast.” Unable to think, they succumbed to Onofre's charismatic voice. All nine sulked to the dining room, where they made breakfast and ate silently, too angry to speak. When they all finished, Onofre spoke to his siblings.
“I have noticed that there have been a lot of, new, things going on today. I will listen to each of your stories and try to get an understanding of what is going on. Aloysius, you’re first.” His brother nodded and began his side of the story.
“Well, I woke up like I normally do. Then when I looked in the mirror, I saw this huge dragon looking back at me. I screamed and then Arnau disintegrated the door. We argued a lot then a huge wave of sound came through the whole house and it broke anything not harder than stone. Some guy dressed in Zelda's pajamas came in and punched me in the face, then Arnau grabbed him by the shorts and he was bitten. I jumped the guy and punched him in the face, but then Zelda was where the he was supposed to be. Then you showed up.”
“Hmm. I think I have to hear more to get an understanding of this. Arnau, you’re next.”
“I woke up at the point where Aloysius was screaming, but I thought it was a bear or something. I came running and I didn’t know that the doors here were so flimsy, it just sort of, fell apart. I made a defense because I don’t know how the door did that, then the sonic wave broke anything made of glass and a few moments later, the guy Aloysius was talking about came in and started yelling and punched Al in the nose and I grabbed the dude by the back of his pants and he bit me. Then a dragon jumped the dude and slashed his face but then Zelda was where the other guy was. Then here we are.”
“Now you Kamau.”
Kamau shook his head, he didn’t want to speak.
“Then we’ll skip you and let Finlay tell her side.”
“All I did was turn my room light on, I walked into the bathroom and Oya somehow conjured up a whirlwind that plastered me to the door. Ouida opened the door and we flew through the air and were splattered against the wall out in the hallway. Ouida used some kind of energy to fry Oya and I just stood back. Yaotl came storming down and she tried to push Ouida over but ended up incinerating the hall instead. Some boy that looks a lot like Zelda came in and started yelling at us. Then he ran into the bathroom and screamed. He ran to the boy’s bathroom. Oya started fighting me, and Yaotl began fighting with Ouida, and then we all got stuck to the floor and you and Kamau showed up.”
Onofre thought about what he had heard so far and turned to Zelda.
“I hear some about a mysteriously appearing and disappearing man that resembles you Zelda. Do you know anything of him?”
“About time you asked, listen. This may sound weird, but that man and I am the same person. He is me!”
A soft popping sound echoed in the room, everyone’s jaw dropped. Except for Onofre, who was listening the most carefully. He stood and made his announcement.
“I have one solution to sum up what has happened today. We all have superpowers.”
“That’s impossible!” Arnau exclaimed, pounding the table with his fist, smashing a hole through it. “Oops, my bad.”
“From what I’ve heard, I can say this. We are no longer normal if we ever were. I will write down the evident powers that all of us have and who has them. From now on, we have to stay on guard at all times. We do not know when these powers will surface or if we can control them. We just have to be careful.”
“So, if we all have superpowers, then we should come up with aliases to go by if we end up fighting crime or something.” Finlay suggested.
“Kamau, will you make up names for everyone?” Kamau nodded and set to work. His list looked something like this:

Aloysius: Draco; turns into a dragon

Arnau: Hercules; super strength

Me: Sonar; can generate sonic waves of sound

Onofre: The Alchemist; can reshape matter

Finlay: Aura; ability to use, absorb, and produce light energy

Ouida: Sorceress; can absorb and focus energy from her emotions

Oya: Whirlwind; ability to command the air

Yaotl: Pyro; can generate fire from circular energy patterns

Zelda: Shift; becomes more agile, and stronger by turning into a man. However, has super healing abilities when in female form.

Kamau passed his list around and nobody disagreed with his or her new names...Yet. They all silently got dressed. They made their way to the beach behind their house, Onofre decided to try to fix all the windows first though. They made it through the weekend alive. However, that changed on Monday.

this may be completely weird or completely awesome.

wasps said...
wasps, Other
Oh okay, well then you are very good at naming your characters :) Oh, well you can always lead it on to something else, but ....... reading back on it now ....... it kinda reminds me of the gone books, except there is no dome ...

Yuelong GOLD said...
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

i also got rid of the manuscript for this one, it was existing painfully with no plot. TT.TT

Yuelong GOLD said...
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

i'm not japanese, i'm 1/2 chinese. jsyk these names are norse, african, finnish, and i think german.

wasps said...
wasps, Other
Lol :) Like I said ....... HUGE imagination :) And very good :) Yeah, are you Japanease, cause in like all your stories, the characters have asain/japanease names .. :)

Yuelong GOLD said...
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

you people are out there. i need comments.