The Vampire's Curse: Part 2 | Teen Ink

The Vampire's Curse: Part 2

By eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

Life is short; speak your mind, say what ya wanna say, and do what ya wanna do (as long as you don't get caught!).

I quickly told Jamie goodbye and hurried home. I had to find out if the necklace I saw "him" holding was actually mine.

I raced through my front door, locking it behind me. Thankfully, no one was home to see me rushing.

I ran upstairs and yanked the lid off of my jewelry box. The necklace was gone. I practically tore up my room looking for it, but it was nowhere to be found.

I sat down on my bed, still panicking. I heard a thump against my window. I slowly turned around. There he was, the necklace draped around his neck. I almost screamed, but the sound became stuck in my throat.

And then I blinked, and he was gone.

I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing in my pocket.

"H-hello?" I stuttered.

"Hi, sweetie." It was my mom. "How was your day?"

"Um... okay, I guess."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I replied quickly. "I just have a big test tomorrow that I need to study for. That's all." I hated lying to my mom, but she would worry if I answered honestly.

"Okay. Well, I just wanted to call and tell you that I'm going to be working tonight. They need me to set up a presentation for tomorrow so I'm stuck here. I probably won't be home until tomorrow after you get home from school. Do you think you'll be alright?"

What could I say? "No, I need you to come home because there is a guy following me and looking in my window all the time?"

"Yeah, Mom," I answered. "I'll be fine."

"Okay, honey. I love you."

"Love you, too, Mom."

I hung up the phone and punched in Jamie's number.

"Miss me?" he answered, having looked at the caller-ID.

"Sure. Whatever. Hey, I need to ask a huge favor." I said quickly.

"Well, I don't know..." he began playfully.

"Jamie! This is serious! Please. I'm scared," I answered honestly.

"Okay, sorry. What's wrong?"

"I need you to come over here tonight, okay? My mom can't come home from work and my dad's in Brooklyn and I.... That... I saw him again."

"Who? Oh, you mean the thing from your dream." He paused for a second. "I'll be right over." he said, hanging up before I could say anything else.

This is going to be a long night.

This piece is the second part to one that I wrote before. It was called "The Vampire's Curse" so please check the first one out before you read this one! And be sure to comment and rate! I love feedback! There will be more to come!

eMiLyP GOLD said...
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

Thanks! I'm obsessed with vampires too. Every time I go to the library I look for any book that has anything to do with vampires!

thanks! its the first thing i came up with, because right now im obsessed with vampire books, and yours is one of the best!

eMiLyP GOLD said...
on Dec. 20 2009 at 11:51 am
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

Thanks & will do!

pierceba said...
pierceba, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Emy!!! this is amazing!! i love it, write more!! :)

eMiLyP GOLD said...
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

You're weird, you know that? JK. I'll print out the other parts for you & bring them on Monday. If you're there, that is. *disappointed face* R U better yet?

lexi<3 GOLD said...
lexi<3 GOLD, Spaulding, South Dakota

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

ooh, thtd b a cool namey thngy! ths*devil*is*spoiled sweet. =) lol

lexi<3 GOLD said...
lexi<3 GOLD, Spaulding, South Dakota

ya kno these thingys take, like, 3 pages worth of writing so u dnt hav to keep making me yell at u. u cld just make me happy. =) *this-devil-is-spoiled* lol. jk. keep goin Em, dnt make th ppls suffer!

eMiLyP GOLD said...
on Dec. 19 2009 at 9:54 am
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

Yeah I figured that out after I replied. & thanks!

13islucky said...
13islucky, North Hills, California

Be yourself everyone else is already taken

Yea i read the first part i can't what for more!

eMiLyP GOLD said...
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

I'm working on writing the third part. I really wanted to write this in third person so the next one isn't going to be in first person. I'm more comfortable writing in third. I don't know why I ever wrote this in first. And by the way, I LOOOVE your name thing. vampirssbetrthanu is the coolest screen name thingy (can't remember what it's called) that I've ever seen!

why didn't you continue!!! this is really good but it needs to be longer!!

eMiLyP GOLD said...
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

Thanks! Did you read the first part, too?

13islucky said...
13islucky, North Hills, California

I love it!! This is sooooooo cool