My Guardian Demon - Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

My Guardian Demon - Chapter 1

By LittleInside GOLD, Kearney, Nebraska
LittleInside GOLD, Kearney, Nebraska

"There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors." - Jim Morrison

I was maybe fifteen at the time with short hair. Very short. Pretty much in a pixie cut. Despite that though, and the obvious feminine look I gave off to most people, I usually spent my time being a bookworm. I would read cheesy romance or sci-fi novels to pass the time. I would sit in the middle of the library and lose myself in my own little world of books and thrill and romance and....
My love for books never got in the way of my life though, thankfully. I still had good friends, and a decent boyfriend even, though we parted ways before "he" came into my life.
His name was Zachery.
***
I was on my way to the park one day, book in hand, when I met "him". I was walking slowly, just at the corner across the street. Looking both ways, I crossed hesitantly. As I reached the half way point, a car shot around the corner, heading straight towards me. I was, in no surprise, paralyzed in fear. I had no clue what to do, and the world left my eyes slowly. The care was a few mere feet away when I felt a sudden force run into me.
It was then I realized I wasn't in the street anymore, and someone's protective arms were around me. I looked up at my savior wide eyed, and my eyes somehow grew even wider. A pale skinned male who appeared in his late teens early twenties looked down at my with wide eyes as well. His eyes were a pitch black color, and his dark hair feathered to about the middle of his face.
It was then I realized he was standing with me in his arms.
"Let me go," I somehow managed. He set me down. I looked around. No one was in sight.
"Who are"- I was about to ask, but when I looked up, he had vanished. Just like that. I looked around me again. All traces of him had disappeared. I just kept walking onward.
***
That night, I was sitting in my bedroom, looking out my window. The male who had saved me earlier hadn't stuck around, and I wasn't expecting him to. Still, it was then on out that I followed a plan. Every seemingly reckless mistake I could make, I would. Just in hopes I could see my savior again...

Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio

Please write more!!! This will turn out to be a great book! Keep working at it! :D

~Free :)(: