The Show | Teen Ink

The Show

July 10, 2009
By Jarett Kallas GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jarett Kallas GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 1 comment

They say that everybody gets 15 minutes of fame. I did not believe this was true until Thursday July 2, 2009. That was the day that changed my life forever.



The music was so loud you could feel it shake your very bones. I was sitting front row at the Judas Priest concert. The band was a musical machine, moving the masses with melody. Between the blaring speakers and the screaming crowd it was impossible to even hear yourself think. My hart beat was so loud I was expecting my heart to burst from my chest at any minute. Then I realized. It was not my heart I was feeling in my chest, but the pounding of the bass drum. Boom boom boom.



The lead singer came to the front of the stage and began to high five everyone in the front row. I stretched as far as I could and closed my eyes as I waited for him to slap my hand. I felt the cool leather glove grab my hand and pull. Before I could realize what had just transpired, I was on stage holding a guitar I had never seen before. But how…I never even got to finish my thought.


I didn’t know how to play this song, but my fingers were playing better than ever before. It was as if I was watching someone who had been playing for thirty years but looked exactly like me.



It felt like I won the lottery. How could this be happening? I could care less; the only thing I was worried about was rocking the audience’s faces off. I got down to my knees and busted out a heart-wrenching guitar solo K.K. Downing himself would be proud of. Next, I smashed my guitar and leapt into the audience.



I opened my eyes. Darkness. I heard my phone ringing and felt around for it. I had one new text message. It read “How was Judas priest.” “Unreal,” I replied.