Choral Muse | Teen Ink

Choral Muse

By Abbyhurt GOLD, Temperance, Michigan
Abbyhurt GOLD, Temperance, Michigan

The Gazelle Academy for Girls Choir wasn't like any choir. They are quite different, but I am
not going to tell you how or why. You'll just have to figure it out. Anyway, I was in Choir with
my teacher, Miss Reva, and you fellow choir kids, my section especially, (the sopranos), were
being terrible singers. It's not that I took their choral talent away. I may be on the brink of that, but enough about me. They were being terrible, and I was the only good singer there. We are preparing eagerly for Choir Festival, and it's not working out too well. Not at all.

Then, Miss Reva yells, "Ladies! You're my top choir, and THIS so how you sound?"; We all cower in fear except for me. Looks like it's time for me to take away her Choir talent. Pointing my nose at my teacher, I inhale quietly. I feel her talent enter my body. Ahh, good.

"That's better," Miss Reva sings, and it sounds like a dying goose. I can't help it. I laugh, and suddenly, choir angels laugh as well. Oh, dang it. Now, they'll know I'm the choral muse. Okay. Calm down. Sing a ballad that will obliviate them, I tell myself. I do just that, and they forget everything. The class continues. Nothing happens for the rest of the Choir class except for me contemplating how best to take away the talent of bad singers.

Then, the bell rings. The other magical creatures and I all go to our next class. Mine is Band. I walk in to find people SING. Badly. Terribly, you might say. It is the worst voice you can imagine. Imagine your parents singing just to sing, toneless, just like a dying cow. Pointing at them, I inhale sharply. Their talent is gone in a heartbeat.

That's much better. Now, my Choir will be the best. Oh right, the Gazelle Academy sucks because they crossed me! Concentrating on Carnegie Hall, I wish myself there. Suddenly, I'm in Carnegie Hall, my temple. Everyone kneels and says, "O, Lady Artemisia, we're sorry. We are sorry for everything!" I don't listen to them. I just go up into my tree and listen to all the choirs in the world.

Then, I give Gazelle Girls Academy's Choir so much talent they don't know what to do
with it all. They call us up first anyway, so why not? I know I've cheated. Oh, no! Why is Lisa,
the Goddess of Cheats coming down? She appears above me with a stern look on her face.

"Girl. I thought you were a good muse. You used your power for evil. Therefore, I must do this!" With a snap of her fingers, I am sent into a burning wheel. It hurts! Help! Help! Well, at least my choir will win!