The day of judgment | Teen Ink

The day of judgment

By Bethanblack PLATINUM, Kington, Please Select
Bethanblack PLATINUM, Kington, Please Select

"Boys are meant to ruin your lipstick, not your mascara" --Marilyn Monroe

Growing up,nightmares plagued me relentlessly and yet,every night at 12:00 I would be awoken to a knock at the door.And all that would meet me was an empty doorstep. Nobody else heard the knock.To be frank ,I thought I was going insane.At times,I believe my parents did too.That look they gave each other proved to me that I was.The concerned look every parent uses eventually.

My dream was a recurring dream and a horrific one at that.A contagious virus breaks out and there is no cure.That is terrifying in itself ,being condemned to death whilst avoided at all costs.But eventually the virus grows to be more dangerous and monstrous.Those contaminated become gargoyle-like creatures with large stone wings.Modern technology is wiped out and I am left all alone until I too catch the virus and go insane,as I have always believed I am.

But that wouldn't happen ,not in reality even if our world nowadays is horrific already.Our population consists of one thousand people in each country as an average.And whilst that sounds like a lot ,it is only 195k , a small amount compared to back a hundred years ago ,when our planet thrived with 7.98 billion people alive.But a hundred years ago was when women were fertile and our planet was healthier.All that is no longer and yet ,I can still have nightmares of worse things.It just proves there is always worse events , a worse timeline.But the worse timeline caught up with us.A virus broke out.My dreams were a prophecy.And we cannot help.This I'd the day judgement…

I wrote this a long time ago but I thought that I'd post it either way.

lottieis_dumb GOLD, Hereford, Other
really good