August 2022 Fiction Contest: Beyond the Skies | Teen Ink

August 2022 Fiction Contest: Beyond the Skies

By lcveysm BRONZE, Laguna Niguel, California
lcveysm BRONZE, Laguna Niguel, California

The little boy was fascinated by what is beyond the limits of the skies. His sketchbook was filled with imaginary planets and stars. The gods of the Heavens were touched by his devotion and granted him to be free from his limitations. Slowly floating up above the ground, the little boy wasn't scared but excited to finally be able to see the constellations to his content. He flew faster than sound, faster than light, from one star to another. He was pure but naive, forgetting his path, never to return home as he have lost his way in the vast galaxies.

The little boy in this story is just like anyone of us. A dreamer. But once he was able to reach further beyond his limitations, he is also leaving who he once was behind. In the world that we live in today, it is easy to lose yourself in fame and luxury especially when you never had experienced it before. Just like how the boys travel through the galaxies, once you start there is no more turning back. It is important to keep a clear and humble mind even after dreams are achieved. Only till then, we can be truly content.

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

Love this piece!!!🤩🤩🤩