The Chlorine Witch - Backstory | Teen Ink

The Chlorine Witch - Backstory

June 8, 2022
By shreeji26 SILVER, Parsippany, New Jersey
shreeji26 SILVER, Parsippany, New Jersey
7 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Clora, AKA “The Chlorine Witch” (Cl), was born in Sweden in 1774 to Carl Wilhelm Halogen. Her name is Clora because it means fresh and green; it also represents flowers and ever since she was little she loved flowers. Clora is the youngest of 3 children, her older sister’s name is Fleur and her brother’s name is Iode. She soon found out that her siblings both had powers that are associated with a periodic element. Fleur is associated with Fluorine and she can conduct yellow electricity. Iode is associated with Iodine and can turn his body into Iodine. At age 17, Clora was experimented on just like her siblings. Her dad, Carl picked the element Chlorine for her. When she got experimented on, her weight changed, she weighed 35.453 amu. Little did she know she was the strongest from her siblings, she gained so many powers including gas manipulation, gas transparency, flight, chlorine spells (causes nausea, death, etc.), plant manipulation, gravity manipulation (control gravity at rate of 1.56) and she can turn her skin brittle. She can also make her powers stronger when she combines her power with her sister, Fleur and her friend Bromine Man. Clora needed a superhero name, so she came up with the name The Chlorine Witch. Clora’s weaknesses are sunlight and if the sunlight is -150.07 F her body starts melting and she can start boiling if the temperature is -29.27 F, to protect herself from her weaknesses she wears a magical hat. She created a suit with her powers, her suit includes a green floral designed armored shirt, and a long green skirt that has the element tile, bohr model, and mass of her element on it. To top it off she wears green and black boots. Clora's elegant personality and sometimes serious reactions make her a formidable superhero, fighting against the villains of the day. 


The author's comments:

This fun piece was a product of an assignment for my 8th Grade Science class. I'm very satisfied with how this writing piece came out. Chlorine is one of my favorite elements from the periodic table. This is a short story based on a superhero with chlorine-related powers.

Hope you enjoy this original piece by me!