What If it Stopped Raining on Earth? | Teen Ink

What If it Stopped Raining on Earth?

October 20, 2021
By Anonymous

     Samantha and her friends, JC, Elena, Ana, and Frank were playing outside one day. Then, the news showed up on Tv saying that it stopped raining on earth. That means that there’s no more water cycle in the world and it will blemish all of the ecosystems.

       Frank got an idea on how to solve that problem because everything started being arid and animals and people could start dying. He told his friends that he is going to keep searching and looking to see how he is going to bring back water. Frank and his friends went to go see a scientist named Bill to ask him how they’re going to get the water back.

        Afterwards, the idea came up to Frank and he told everyone, “We should dig really deep into the earth’s surface,”  His friends thought it was a simple but good idea. They brainstormed on how they were going to dig and for how long. Elena mentions that digging at the beach might be a possible idea. Even though the water is dirty, they could work together to purify it so it’s drinkable. 

Samantha and her friends got into her car so they could go to the beach. They had shovels, buckets, and filters to try to make clean water. They dug around the wet area of the sand because if they only collected water from the ocean it would come with a lot of trash; Their plan was to make clean water fast, easy, and accessible. Frank suggested that they all collected a large amount of clean water to save up for the future whenever it’s needed.

         Five years later, Samantha and her friends ran into each other at the store. Everyone didn’t have any more water left with them and there was one more cup of water there at the store. They all looked at each other and ran as fast as a cheetah could towards it.