Interwoven Wolves Short(season 3 spoilers) | Teen Ink

Interwoven Wolves Short(season 3 spoilers)

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

unclear time, alternate universe

echo woke up as galay nudged her. she smiled up at her, purring, and stretched. 

"good morning echo." galaxy laughed.

"what?"

"the sun has been up for hours."

"yes, but i was hunting late."

"how late?"

she stretched and shrugged. "i dont know. the moon is hard to keep time with. besides, i got a big gazelle." galaxy was about to start teasing her. she selfconciosly licked her jet fur to avoid eye contact.

galaxy began to speak, but china jumped down and interupted her. "morning echo."

"hey, dad!"

"how was hunting last night?" 

she smiled up at him. "great!...ish. it was a late night." she watched him, her gaze filled with admiration. 

"well, your catch looks good." he sat and started grooming her too."

"galaxy wouldnt let me sleep!" she complained, loudly.

"oh, come on. youve been asleep for ages! i was just sitting there waiting for you to wake up."

"well next time you hunt all night."

"maybe i will!" 

china looked up. "no, you wont. that was speacil circumstance."

"ok, well next time we need a night hunter ill do it."

echo laughed and pounced on her, claws sheathed, rolling over in play fight. "no you wont! your coat would just about glow! all the prey on the savannah would see you!"

"youre so loud all the prey on the savannah heard you! thats why it took so long." galaxy said self importantly. sh broke away from her sister and sat, licking her paw in an antagonistic way. 

"thats enough, galaxy. echo is right, she and equinox are among our best night hunters."

"but im better at day!"

"no!"

"yes, who ever heard of black grass!"

"i just look like a rock!"

"no you dont!"

"yes, i do!"

"thats enough girls. do you want to help symphony with his magic?" yes! echo loved magic! she wished she had some, or rather, some real magic. her bite hardly did anything.

"yes!!!" both said at once.

"im going to first!" echo said to galaxy.

"no, i will!" galaxy jumped on echo. china leapted to them and pulled them apart by their scruffs. echo felt herself roll over, as galaxy attack from behind. she rolled over, but on her stood accaica, her half-brother. she smiled and bared her teeth. suddenly, he was off her and galaxy was on her. the 3 got into a scuffle, laughing. echos mother leapt over and helped china pull them apart.

if youre reading this and season 3s big reveal hasnt happened yet, find something else to read or decide to be like me and enjoy what may or may not be a spoiler(;