Romanian Vampire Love Story | Teen Ink

Romanian Vampire Love Story

December 19, 2018
By NellyBell18 SILVER, Wilminton, Delaware
NellyBell18 SILVER, Wilminton, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I’m Antanasia Daniela Miroslav-Vladimir and I’m 642 years old. My story begins a long time ago in a small town in Romania, November 18, 1402. I was a normal 26 year old women who was doing good in life. I had a job, a small house and two beautiful dogs. One day, everything was going great so I decided to give myself a break from a long day at work and go out to see a romance/tragedy play in the city outside of town with two of my friends that work with me. In the middle of the play, I started to not feel well so I told my friends I was going to go home. When I left that night, I was walking home when i noticed someone was following me but as I looked back, no one was there. I turned back around when someone or something grabbed me and bit me on the shoulder. I felt like it was about to kill me until it finally let go, looked at me and picked me up. I blacked out at the point when whatever it was picked me up.


The next day, I woke up in a cold dark room with my shoulder patched up, not knowing where I was or remembering much from the night before. I got up out of the bed to try to leave the room and roam around a little bit to see where I was. I walked and walked but I was too weak from what happened. I decided to head back to the room that I was in but the place was so big I couldn't remember where to go. I walked to the nearest curtain to open it, they were big black curtains but when I opened them, it burned my skin. I got scared and closed the curtain as fast as could. I cried while trying to find where I woke up but I couldn’t walk any further. I stopped in the middle of the hallway to sit for a while. An hour passed, I’m still unwilling to move. The next thing I know, there’s a man standing next to me and he asked if I’m alright, I said not really and that I was too weak to move so he carried me back to the bed.  


When he laid me back in the bed, I asked him how I got here and where I was. He looked at me with an uneasy stare and disregarded my questions. He said his name was Ian Vladimir and that I was in his home. Ian thought it be best to check on my wound and change the bandage, he took the bandage off and the bite was gone, there wasn’t even a scratch. From that moment on I knew that wasn’t normal and that there was something he wasn’t telling me. After he was done checking my wound, he looked at me in a way like I’ve seen before but I couldn’t remember where I’ve seen it. As Ian was leaving the room, he turned around to tell me I should get a lot of rest. I told him that I was really hungry, more hungry than I have ever been. He told me that it was normal but I knew it wasn’t. Then he said goodnight as he left the room and I went to sleep.


 

The second morning in this place I didn’t know, I woke up with a vase full of wilting lily's on the nightstand next to me. Ian must have brought them to me while I was still asleep but they were wilting away because of how cold and dark it was in the room. I heard a knock at the door, I quietly yelled come in. Ian asked how I slept, I said fine then I asked him again how I got here. I told him that I knew he was lying about something and to be honest even though he was a stranger to me. Ian decided to tell me everything about how I got here and why I’m here. He said that he was a vampire and he was getting really lonely with his life so he went for a fly around the city. That’s when he saw me walking alone and he said to himself “she is beautiful!“. He knew at that moment he loved me and that I had to be his forever. He also told me that he was the one who bit me, picked me up and flew me back to his home. Ian didn’t want to tell me right away because he thought I was going to get scared or mad since he took my life away from me and I couldn’t go back to my old life, eat real food or do anything humanly ever again. Yes I was mad at him for doing what he did to me, it wasn’t right for him to basically take my life. He apologized to me for what he did and I sat in the bed crying because I knew what I was now. He offered too teach me how to live and be a vampire, I felt like I had no choice but to accept his offer. He knew I was hungry so he told me to try and drink some blood and he handed me a glass of it. After that I never looked back to my old life because of how unhappy it made me feel.


Years passed and Ian was still teaching me the ways of being a vampire. I know his feelings for me got even stronger as the years passed by. Then again, as I got to know him, I developed feelings for him as well. We talked about what our lives were like before we were vampires. Ian also told me how he became a vampire and that he learned everything from the one who turned him. I found out a lot about Ian over the years of living and training with him, he has his sorrowful times but he is a sweet and kind man almost all the time. He would draw or paint when he was content. A few more years passed and he asked me for my hand in marriage, I said yes and we were happy for many years and still are till this day.