Intruder!! | Teen Ink

Intruder!!

October 31, 2018
By maxja23 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
maxja23 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a bright sunny day, and I was eating lunch with friends when the signal for an intruder sound about the school. Freaking out, no one could move anywhere because of the hollow tree branches our legs were in. I threw them off me, panting as my class and I ran for the door to the outside, but as soon as the majority of the class got free and ran for the trail in the back of the yard; I tripped, but my friends stayed behind to help me up. The door slammed shut in front of me, my friends and I scrambled for a classroom. Shutting the door as quietly as I could, we ducked into the corner so that the intruder wouldn’t see us. We heard footsteps moving toward us.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

The footsteps were moving away. This was a good sign, I thought to myself. As my friends and I tried not to scream, a loud ruff voice came over the intercom.

“Come out, come out, little children,” the voice said, “I know you are here somewhere.”

As we were frantically discussed what to do next as quietly as we could, we started to hear slow footsteps coming down the hallway again. We slipped quietly through the hallways, sprinting for the exit, trying not to be seen. The man walked around the corner, everyone fled into a room except for me. The man looked familiar to me, so I just sat down on the ground right where I was, acting like I didn’t have a care in the world. As the man got closer he turned into my mom… That was when I woke up from my horrible nightmare.

 

3:00 AM in the morning.