My Dream | Teen Ink

My Dream

My Dream

Bump! There was a huge sound in the soccer field. All the people screamed and closed there eyes. There was a boy that was in danger. He was about to get hit by the ball. Everyone was scared but there was a huge sound, “TIME PAUSE!!!!!!”

My name is J.H. but people call me Ji to make it simple. I am a normal college student. I am living in a rented house. I do 2 part time jobs to earn money.  I have a friend called Jaden and we live together. He is my best friend since preschool. We live independently and freely. We study one hour a day. If We have class we sleep while having class. What we do is going to the internet cafe and playing Battlegrounds   

“Hey Ji! Let’s go play Battleground!” Jaden said.

“Ok” I replied.

After the short conversation, we hopped to the internet cafe and charged 10 hours.

After 2 hours I was to very hungry so I ordered ramyun and ate for 10 minutes. The taste was excellent. Later we won the game. Afterwards my eyeballs were are going crazy, my head was starting to brake and the world was turning around. My head fell to the keyboard as hard as the meteor strikes the earth. When I opened my eyes,  I was in a soccer stadium and I as a announcer.

I was in my own room. I didn’t know everything. I was suddenly teleported to a soccer stadium.

“Wait, how do I even know I am in a soccer stadium?” Suddenly I started to remember everything that happened in the past and I remembered that I have a soccer game that my friend Jaden(Soccer player) is playing.

“Hey Ji!” Jaden said while coming inside my room. “Do you want some chicken?”

“Of course! Cheetos chicken!” I said.

“I knew you will like Cheetos chicken.” After that Jaden got his phone and called to the chicken market.

“May I ask your order please?” The worker in the chicken market replied.

“Two Cheetos chicken please.

“Ok the worker replied.” After 10 minutes the chicken came.

“Yeah!” Jaden said and ran out to the door and got the chicken.

The chicken looked extremely delicious. I opened the chicken box and there was a imposing impressive important cheetos chicken. I got two giant cups from the kitchen and went back to my room. I opened the coke and poured it to the gigantic cup.

“Let's eat now!” I said. I got  plastic gloves from my desk and ate chicken with Jaden.

While eating I said, “I wish the time will pause when eating chicken…….” When I say this Jaden stopped moving. I was thinking that he was joking but when I went outside the people were not moving also. I went back in my room and poured water to Jaden but he was still not moving. After that I slapped his face and he started moving.

“OHHHHHH why are you here?” Jaden said, “Were you not there eating chicken?

“I know right. I don’t know what is happening suddenly everything stopped. Look outside.” I said to Jaden. Jaden went outside and came back panicking. After 2 minutes everyone started to move.  After that Jaden went because he said he have a soccer game.

“How did that happen?” I wondered. I was thinking the past and remembered the sentence I wish the time will pause when eating chicken. I said,”There must be something in this sentence. After that I said one words each. “I!” after two seconds, “wish!’ after two seconds, “The!”..... “Time!” ….. “Wil!l” ….. “Pause!” ….. “When!” ….. “Eating!” …… “Chicken!”  Nothing happened. After that I said two words each, “The time!”..... “Time will!” and etc. But still nothing happened. NextI still said two words each but the order is first word and the word after the next word. Like “I The!”....... “Wish time!” ……. “Time pause!” ………. Suddenly the surrounding became excessively extremely extraordinary quiet. I checked outside and checked if anyone is moving, but nobody was moving. After few minutes, people started moving and I said time pause again. The people stopped again, and this time I checked the time and saw how long it can pause the time. It was three minutes.

“Announcer Ji! It’s time!” The worker in the soccer stadium called me. It was time for Jaden’s soccer game with Japan and I was the announcer in that game. But I said time pause  to watch 3 minutes of more youtube but it didn’t work and said I can only use 3 times in 30 minutes. So I just went to the podium with the depressed face. When I reached the podium there were a lot of cameras and I started introduce myself to the camera. After that the players came out and sang the national anthem of both countries. After that the game started. The  Japanese team started the soccer game. First, the Japanese team was winning but the Jaden shoot the ball to the goal in it went in. After that the Japanese started in the middle again.

“It is your chance Daniel.” The Japanese coach said. “Here it is” He said while giving the syringe. After that Daniel injected his thigh and went to the field. When Daniel got the ball he just kicked very hard. The ball went straight to Jaden. I quickly said time pause but it still needed 3 seconds. The ball went to Jaden closer and closer but I still can’t use time pause. 3 seconds seemed like 3 hours.  When the ball was right in front of Jaden, time pause was available so I said time pause and the time paused. It was quiet like there was no person in the stadium.

I only had 3 minutes to save Jaden. I ran down the stairs as fast as I can. I went over the fence where the audiences are and jumped down to the field. It was like twenty meters high. It was very scary. When I almost reach the field, I closed my eyes and prayed. When I finally reached it I thought it will hurt a lot but I felt nothing. Suddenly everyone was moving and everyone looked at me. I suddenly felt very dizzy. My eyeballs were are going crazy, my head was starting to brake and the world was turning around. Suddenly everything became fine and there was a colorful rainbows in front of me. When I looked properly there was Jaden and diversified colors in front of me. It was a dream. Everything that happened was a dream.

“Are you ok?” Jaden asked me.

I said, “I think I suddenly slept. I think my body needs rest because I played battlegrounds for the whole week last week”

“Ok Let’s go back home” Jaden said. After that we went back to our home and ate the real chicken.