Brain | Teen Ink

Brain

I had a mysterious day in the mart. A man in  black suit ran by and dropped a can. “You dropped your drink!” I said, wanting him to look and come back. But, sadly he didn’t. If I left the drink on the floor, it would’ve gone to waste. With no choice, I took it home. The name of the drink was “BRAIN”. “Who would name a drink like that?” I thought, laughing. When I opened the can, the smell was terrible, but  I boldly did a one-shot. Ummm, it made me a bit dizzy, I gotta go and sleep it off.

The next day, when I woke up, I felt energized. I went to school as usual, but maybe because of the drink, I had a bit of a headache. Even though my head hurt, I had to study hard to go to college. Other than usual, I felt smarter! I never knew what the answers in the test were, but I could answer all the questions in a minute. In physical activities, my volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc... skills had improved a lot. Even I didn’t know I was this skillful!! My jump force, speed, and power had all amplified!! I could jump 2m high up the air, run as fast as the speed of Bugatti Chiron, and could lift things up to 100kg! But how? How can I do things which human beings can’t? Could it be because of the drink I enjoyed last night?

I made up my mind to research about the drink in the “Sea of information” (which simply means the internet), I found out that the drink was very rare! It was made of….monkey’s brains!? It was also made of lizard’s scales! I started to feel sick. Suddenly, there was a strong knock on the door. “Who is it??” I asked, walking to open the door. When I opened, a black sack covered my face and everything went black.

When I opened my eyes, there was a big animal...a combined hybrid of a goat’s leg, hawk’s body, snake’s tail, and lion’s head. I was frustrated, walking slowly back until the end of the room. The hybrid rushed forward towards me like a rhinoceros. I jumped to save myself! When the second attack started, a giant hologram appeared and calmed downed the beast. “W...who are you?” I asked carefully. “Me? I have never existed and will never disappear, but I might need a name? How about you thief calling me Crocodilus, which means alligator in Latin,” said Crocodilus, with a smiling face on him. “I’m not a thief, I just got it because somebody dropped it!” I refuted, shouting too loudly. Crocodilus changed to a scary face and shouted at me, “You are the one who ruined everything I planned!” I couldn’t understand. If he is that smart to make himself and make himself never disappear, why is one drink so important to him? And Crocodilus disappeared. I wasn’t supposed to be thinking of any other’s business. I should escape!

The Hybrid was left behind. I got frustrated thinking that the hybrid would attack me again. So I quickly found the screech of a gazelle on my phone and threw it as far as I could to the wall.Then, the Hybrid ran to bite the phone. I quickly grabbed the tech spear and aimed at the Hybrid. Suddenly, the spear shot a plasma and hit straight at the Hybrid. Its head exploded and the blood went to my mouth. It was like an acid. I could feel the blood going to my left arm. In a few seconds, my arm started shaking and slowly changed to a shape of a snake. I was terrified, but thankfully, the snake didn’t try to bite my face. I could hardly control the snake in opening the door.

I ran to escape the base. While I was running, the snake protected me from enemies. They shot bullets on me, but the snake ate all the bullets and shot them back to the enemies, so I could safely run away. Suddenly, there was a siren that went off. I looked around to see what's going on. Then from Room-682, a huge alligator came out, breaking the door. It rushed to the walls, swallowing even its allies. Horrifyingly, the monster saw me with its two eyes. I ran as fast as I could. The snake changed back to my arm maybe because it was scared, but anyways, I hid inside the “Control Room.”

I didn’t lose consciousness and  waited until the alligator went by. When I turned around, a mysterious man beat me up and tied me to the pillar. He had a mask on his face. “Who are you?” I shouted without fear. The voice of the man sounded familiar. “You... you are Crocodilus! I thought you didn’t exist in the world!” I argued. Then he started growling. He started acting weird. While Crocodilus didn’t pay attention to me, my arm changed to a snake again and bit off the rope which tied me. Crocodilus noticed and started acting more weird! “What's wrong with you?” I asked a bit worried. In a low voice,”ME?...CROCODILUS!” he said.

Suddenly his skin started ripping off and the skin changed to scales. The mask fell off. The face grew longer, slowly changing its whole body into a Reptile Man. Oh I saw you in “Spiderman”! “How did Spiderman defeat Reptile Man, think fool, THINK!!!” Then the snake grew longer and tied up the Reptile Man like the web of spiderman. “You saw Spiderman?” I asked and the snake nodded its head. But the Reptile Man started biting on my snake arm! The snake must have also been hurt so it had bit on the neck of the Reptile man and made him sleep.

I quickly activated the time bomb in the computer. I found an iron chain by my side and used it to tie up Crocodilus. I ran out the room for my life. I only had one minute left. I started running anywhere I could see.Then I was right in front of the exit. I used my arm, actually now a snake, and destroyed the exit after going out avoiding anyone inside coming out. I ran as fast I could to the East. When I thought I was far away enough, I sat down on the grass and watched the base exploding in 3..2...1.. ”BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!”

While I was going back home, the street was in chaos. I faced to my left where a huge TV was attached on the building. There, was a picture that showed, “I-A”. Why is everybody shocked? It’s just an alligator with words.  What's going on? I heard someone talking, and it sounded from inside the store. I saw many alligators on the screens of computers. I just thought about that the owner was advertising “CROCS” but the owner was too mad to be advertising. I asked why and he replied to me that all the computers were hacked! I asked for any old laptop that wasn’t hacked. I got one, so I should find out what had happened in this city.

John Denny~~~~~~~~``