I don't wanna miss a thing. | Teen Ink

I don't wanna miss a thing.

By pkcPKC SILVER, Maple Ridge, Other
pkcPKC SILVER, Maple Ridge, Other

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. ~Peter T. Mcintyre

Our eyes met, and this feeling inside- it just overtook me. And something clicked in my head. His eyes glittered, seeing my understanding. He uncrossed his arms and I ran to embrace him.
“You amaze me...” He whispered, a smile curving on his lips.
“You don’t even know what you mean to me.” I confessed, as he pulled me closer. It was like we were one. Finally he broke down my wall, and regained my trust. There was no reason or cause to hide from him any longer.
He briefly pushed me away to study my expression, and asked out loud, “Don’t I?”
Our hands entwined, and though the icy rain fell, though the cold wind stirred the air, though the night was black as ashes of a fire once hot, Every where he touched me burned and tingled with warmth. The rain flattened and dampened my hair, and drenched our skin through our clothes, but I felt nothing but amazement.
I looked up at his godly face, and his eyes lowered to gaze into mine. He tilted his dripping face downwards, and I pointed my lashes downwards.
Our lips met in mid-air, softly, as he reached up and ran his hands through my hair, stroking it. I fastened my fingers around his neck and savoured the taste of his kiss. We swayed, and his lips ran down my cheekbone. He kissed my forehead and rocked back and forth, his hands resting on my back. Through the bitter rain, all I heard was his breathing. Slow and steady, rhythmical. I rested a side of my face on his chest, and listened to his heart beat. Eventually, when I shivered, he swung me into his arms and carried me to a cushioned beach chair. He sat, and set me on his lap. His arms formed a tender cage around my body, and I didn’t protest, surrendering to this bliss. He closed his eyes, and fell asleep, and I didn’t dare wake him. But I didn’t close my eyes, not wanting to miss this moment. The sweetest of dreams could never match up to how I felt now. I just wanted this moment to last my whole life. He smiled in his sleep, and I leaned against his so I could hear him breathing. But sleep eventually caught me, and leaning against his warm, solid arms I closed my eyes and made silent thanks that I was here now, with him. I smiled, snuggled closer, kissing his chin weakly, and closed my eyes hesitantly.
In my dreams, I was with him, walking hand in hand along the beach, under the moon. But as I turned to kiss him, he was gone. And I whispered, “I miss you.” And I felt his arms around me, but his body was not visible. The wind whispered quietly.
“I don’t want you to miss a thing.”

I tried to create a feeling of passion in this peice with past experiences and things I've read. I want it to have a realistic feel but with a fictional core.