Supernatural Companions | Teen Ink

Supernatural Companions

Chapter 1

Sigh, normal school, normal life, that’s what I am normal. Well, that’s besides the fact I’m a witch and my boyfriend’s a vampire. Oh, look. Here he comes. My gosh, he’s so beautiful.

“Hi, Kiba-kun,” my heart is still racing; why? I don’t know. Well, we did just get together last week when I woke up at the hospital.

Oh, there’s that gorgeous smile.

Huh? Oh, yeah. Come on Migoto, back to reality here. I should tell you why I was in the hospital and how Kiba-kun and I met. Just don’t call me crazy, ‘kay? Okay. Here we go.

I woke up, did the norm, took a shower, got dressed, brushed my hair- put it up in the normal ponytail-, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, and headed off to the bus.

The bus pulled up. I got on, but when I went to sit in my seat, there was someone there. We didn’t have assigned seating, but we all had seats where we- well- sat everyday.

Not today, though. Nope, today, there was this pale guy with bright green eyes and glossy black hair that was fixed into a short ponytail. I shouldn’t complain, though; he was hot. He just had this over all shine.

Of course, the only open seat was by him. My stop was the last one on the route. I don’t know why I was complaining, but I was.

What else could I do but go ask him if I could sit down next to him? That’s exactly what I did.

“May I sit with you?” I asked, remembering to be polite.

“Huh?” the pale guy said like he was coming out of a daze, making me have to repeat myself. Not that I minded. I would repeat myself anytime for a guy as hot as he was.

“May I sit with you?” I asked again.

“Oh, yeah,” my gosh, was his voice alluring.

“Thanks,” I said as I sat down next to him.

He didn’t look familiar, so I thought he must be new to the school. Of course, with how curious I was, I had to find out.

“So, are you new to this school?” I asked, but found out he was dazing again when he replied with another “huh”.

Like before, I asked again, are you new to this school?”

“Oh, yeah, today’s my first day.”

“Really now, that’s cool,” I smiled, “I’m Mikage Migoto, but you can call me Migoto-san, ‘kay?”

“Uh, sure. Oh, by the way, I’m Kuriyu Kiba, but just call me Kiba-kun.”

“Oh, all right. Why’d you move to Miyazaki?”

“My dad was transferred to here.”

“Where were you guys originally from?”

“Kushiro.”

“Wow, all the way from northern Japan.”

“Yup.”

I ran out of things to say then, but luckily he was spacing again.

We arrived at our school, Miyazaki High School.

Like normal, I was the last one to get off the bus. Well, except for Kiba-kun, who- because of my slowness- was the last to get off.

I felt so bad making him last, but what was I suppose to do? It wasn’t like I could just butt infront of all those other kids. Okay, well, I could have, but that would have been extremely rude. Kiba didn’t look like he cared, either, so that was good. Though, being the dope I was, I said sorry, anyway.

“It’s fine.”

There was that voice again; that voice that could only belong to Kiba-kun. Yes, he- the Kuriyu Kiba- said “its fine” to my “sorry”.

*
*
*

Later that day, when I was walking to lunch, I bumped into someone. I was shocked when a tingle- like electricity- crept up my arm and continued to my whole body. I quickly turned around to see who it was, and you would think it would be hard to figure out who it was since there was a large crowd. That was the odd part, though. I know right away when I saw him it was Kiba-kun.

I found out when I arrived at the cafeteria that Kiba-kun and I shared the same lunch. He was just standing there looking for a place to sit. I just couldn’t help but stare. I walked up to him.

“Hey, Kiba-kun want to sit with my friends and me. Don’t worry, they’re nice.”

“Uh, all right.”

“Follow me.”

I walked to the place where Kibi-san and Roiyaru-kun where sitting.

“Hey guys, this is Kiba-kun; he’s gonna sit with us today.”

“Thanks for asking,” Roiyaru-kun laughed. He was always the sarcastic one.

“Be nice Roiyaru-kun,” that was Kibi-san. “It’s very nice to meet you Kiba-kun. I’m Atsuki Kibikibi, but you can call me Kibi-san. This is my boyfriend Bengonin Roiyaru, but just call him Roiyaru-kun. You can disregaurd mostly anything he says.”

“Aw, come on Kibi-san be nice. I’m not that bad, am I?” Roiyaru-kun complained.

“Uh, yeah, you are.”

We all burst out laughing except for Kiba-kun who was staring at us blankly.

Kibi-san smiled. “Well, are you two just going to stand there, or are you going to sit down and actually eat.”

“Oh,” Kiba and I said at the same time. We glanced at each other then looked down and away from each other, blushing. We sat down and started eating. Well, I did. For some reason, Kiba-kun wasn’t eating.

*
*
*

That night I couldn’t sleep. I just lied there awake. After about two hours, everyone was asleep- people are sound sleepers in this house-, so I sneak out.

I did the ting I thought would be the smartest; walking around down town. It probably would have been, too, if I hadn’t made the stupid mistake of going into an ally.

Now, I didn’t go in there just for kicks. No, I heard a noise, and decided to check it out. Stupid, I know. Curiosity killed the cat, well almost.

I stepped into the ally.

“Hello?” I asked the darkness.

No answer, so I took another step in.

“Hel-,” I was cut off by a hand slapping over my mouth and an arm wrap around my waist.

“Shhh,” said a voice. It was a soft calming voice, one that you just had to listen to. I did.

The hand slid off my mouth and lifted my head up. The next thing I feel is warm breath on my neck. Teeth pressed down on it.

I was scared. I was really scared, really, really scared. The next thing I know was a large amount of energy left me. I fell to my knees exhausted.

Thunk! I looked up and there was someone lying in a heap on the ground next to a wall in the ally. It was Kiba-kun.

I was panting, but it didn’t matter. I ran over to him.

He had a large gash in his head. The hospital was just across the street, so I ran there to get help.

After the doctors stitched him up and checked on him, then came out and told me he’d be fine.

I went home and- even though I didn’t want to- fell asleep exhausted.

*
*
*

That next after noon, I was surprised when the door bell rang, and it was Kiba-kun.

“Oh, hi, Kiba-kun, Come in.”

“Thanks,” he stepped inside.

“My parents and brother are out. Sit down,” I led him to the couch, and he sat.

“Migoto-san, about last night; Do you know what I was doing in that ally?”

“Uh, no…”

“Migoto-san, promise me you won’t think I’m crazy.”

“I promise I won’t think you’re crazy.”

I sat down next to him.

“Now, what is it?”

He sighed, “I’m possessed by a vampire. I was in the ally last night looking for prey. Well, it was.

“When you went into the ally, it took you as prey. If you wouldn’t have used that spell…You most likely would have been dead now.”

This all sounded fishy, but somehow the soft voice he was using told me I could trust him.

“But, I didn’t use a spell…Did I?”

“You don’t know?”

“Know what?”

He sighed. “Migoto-san, you’re a witch; a nice witch, but a witch.”

“Oh.” That was all I could muster, was a little “oh”.

“You don’t believe me, do you?”

“Some how, I do.”

“Good, ‘cause I don’t lie.”

Chapter 2

Kiba-kun and I both jumped when we heard a growl coming from behind the couch. We immediately turned around to see my brother, Kuro, glaring at Kiba-kun.
“What the heck are you doing?!” I shrieked.
He ignored me and, with an evil glare said with a growl in his throat, “Nice to meet you vamp.”
“Pleasure to meet you, too, werewolf,” said Kiba-kun in a snide voice.
“You know,” my brother came around to the front of the couch and grabbed Kiba-kun’s shirt- which lifted him up a little-, “she wasn’t suppose to know about any of this.”
I was just listening to this conversation shocked to hear what I did. I had to say something- put my two cents in.
“Kuro, don’t accuse my friend of being a vampire! What are you doing here anyways?! You’re supposed to be with Mom and Dad shopping!” I tried to sound tough, but my voice cracked at the end.
Kuro chuckled and it wasn’t his usual laugh. No, that laugh was evil; one that I haven’t ever heard out of him before.
“Migoto, do you really believe I’d go shopping with Mom and Dad? Oh, no, it’s much more interesting to sit here and listen to you and you’re boyfriend talk.”
While I blushed and screamed “We’re not together,” Kiba-kun also growled and said the same thing.
Kuro chucked that evil chuckle again. That laugh sent shivers up my spine.
“Good,” Kuro said, “Because me and this”- he motioned towards Kiba-kun- “guy are natural born enemies.”
Kiba-kun is so polite, “Please, call me Kiba-kun. We don’t have to be enemies, you know. If you were listening, I’m-.”
“You’re just possessed. You stupid vampire, I don’t care. You’re still a vamp-.”
“If he says he’s only possessed by a vampire, then he’s only possessed by a vampire! BAKA! Be nice, would ya!” Grr, Kuro was annoying me so bad!
“I am not an idiot, Migoto. I know he is only possessed.”
“Then why do you keep calling him a vampire!?”
“Migoto! He’s a vampire to me! Don’t you understand that werewolves and vampires are sworn enemies?!”
Then and there, I hated him. I hated his guts. He made me cry. He made me cry- in front of Kiba-kun! Don’t worry those were tears of anger- I wasn’t sad. No, I was just furious at Kuro.
“MEKURA!” I shouted at him as I ran up stairs and shut myself in my room. Kuro could be such an ignoramus.
I had totally forgotten about Kiba-kun until I heard a knock on my bedroom door and his voice saying, “Hey, Migoto, are you all ri-.”
He was abruptly cut off like someone had attacked him. With force, I swung my door open and saw Kiba-kun being held up by his throat by Kuro.
“Kiba-kun!” I screamed in fright, “Kuro! What the heck are you doing?!”
Kuro threw Kiba-kun down with such force as to pull a train. I ran over to Kiba-kun’s side. “Are you all right?” I asked in a nervous voice kneeling by his side.
Kiba-kun gulped and nodded. He slowly sat up.
“I’ll be right back,” I said and got up.
I looked up and down the hall for Kuro, but he wasn’t there. I checked in his bedroom; not there either. All around the house I searched, but he was not where to be found. And when I went up stairs to check and see how Kiba-kun was doing, be wasn’t there either. Then, something dawned on me. I was alone.
I ran outside. “Kuro! Kiba-kun!” I screamed. No response. I was freaked; I was worried. Where could those two have gone off to?
The next thing I know is that I’m feeling this pull, like something was beckoning me to come.
You know how curious I was. I followed it, even though I shouldn’t have. I followed that impulse and ran- fast. It led me into a forest behind a near by park, and kept me running into the unknown. Ending up in a meadow, I saw Kiba-kun and this gargantuan wolf with black eyes like Kuro’s. They had to be Kuro’s. The wolf had to be Kuro. Both Kiba-kun and Kuro had said Kuro was a werewolf.
I wanted to flee, but couldn’t. A force- probably the same one that brought me there- kept me there. It not only kept me there, but pulled me forward.
Kuro lunged at Kiba-kun, but Kiba-kun dodged.
Kuro lunged again- this time for the kill- but I jumped in front before he could attack Kiba-kun. The next thing I felt were claws ripping into my chest and the ground hitting me as I fell gripping my bloodied and torn chest.
Everything started going dark. The world around me was fading out. I tried to mumble something under my breath, but I don’t remember what.
I know then and there…I was dieing.

Chapter 3

Three days later I remembered seeing again for the first time. I looked around and saw my mother, my father, Kibi-san, Roiyaru-kun, and even Kiba-kun, but where was Kuro? Everyone there was looking down probably thinking about what happened. Did Kiba-kun tell them what happened?

“Migoto-san, thank goodness,” Kiba-kun sighed.

Then, something extremely unexpected happened. He gently put his hands on my face, lifted it up a little and kissed me. That was my first kiss, and it went shivers up my spine. It was exhilarating. We just met, but that didn’t matter, somehow we know that we be great companions- supernatural companions.

My mom gasped and Kiba-kun quickly pulled away. “Sorry, Mikage- sempai,” he said.

My mom just shook her head smiling. Glad that for the first time I actually had a boyfriend. Well, then it wasn’t official. But after the next words out of Kiba-kun’s mouth it was.

“Migoto-san, would you- possibly- want to- you know- be my girlfriend?” My gosh, I never thought I’d hear those words come out of anyone’s mouth- let alone Kiba-kun’s. I think I was the happiest girl in the world at that moment.

At that point, my mom squealed like she was a young teenager when that teen’s friend just got their first boy/girlfriend. Although, I don’t think boy’s squeal, so it would have to be a girl-teen when their girl-teen-friend got their first boyfriend. That was beside the point, thought. Finally my mom shut up and waited- somewhat impatiently- for my answer.

I tried to speak, but my voice failed me, so, instead, I just nodded.

Kiba-kun smiled softly down at me while my mom shrieked again. She can be so annoying sometimes.

“Mikage-sempai, may I have a word with your daughter, alone?” Kiba-kun asked.

My mom nodded vigorously and shooed everyone out.

After everyone was gone Kiba-kun sat down next to me.

“You know that werewolf out in the field?”

“My brother, you mean?”

“Yes, he was…found dead with a bullet hole through his head,” Kiba-kun looked down like he was sad to say that, and, at that point, I thought he was.

“Huh?” I asked in a nervous voice, “y-you have to b-be joking.”

“Migoto-chan, I wouldn’t be joking about something like this,” he looked truly sincere.

I nodded and sighed, holding in the tears. He kissed me again, and- even though it was on the forehead- it sent the same tingle up my spine. Then, he called my family- what was left of them, anyway-, and friends to come back in.

The next thing that I knew, everyone had surrounded me and I was bombarded with questions after question. I would have answered them, but I was in to much of shock. Well, if you’re new boyfriend just told you you’re brother was dead, I think you’d be shocked, as well.

After a while, though, I composed myself, and answered their many questions

*
*
*

Now here we are, two days later, I’m still in shock, but not nearly as badly.

Kuro’s murder is still a mystery. Kiba-kun is trying to figure it out with a few of his friends- who also happen to be vampires, may I add.

Kiba-kun and I are still trying to come up with an alibi for Kuro’s disappearance, but that’s extremely hard.

Well, that’s my story- well, part of it. Yup, other than those few facts, I’m normal. So is Kiba-kun. Just be careful not to get him mad, he is super strong. I don’t think I’ll get him mad, thought. Don’t think I’ll get mad either now that I’m with him.

I created this piece for a langague essay. We had the chance to write what ever we wanted. I want to go further on this. Please comment/rate. I want to know what you think.