1:46 pm | Teen Ink

1:46 pm

June 3, 2016
By KaylaDavis BRONZE, Souderton, Pennsylvania
KaylaDavis BRONZE, Souderton, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
thats dope


I looked down at my wrist watch realising it had stopped. The hour hand on the one and the minute hand on 46. I guess I’m going to be stuck in class forever I thought as I moved the peppermint around in my mouth. Then I tried to move my focus back to my test. I hadn’t studied and I couldn't remember the answers. I was distracted still thinking about that hug from Dylan last night The answers to my science test replaced with details from our hug. The way he embraced me his smell engulfing my senses, his arms wrapping tightly around me. I had never felt so safe.
“Liz.” Someone whispered from behind me, snapping me out of my day dream. I looked at the teacher then stealthily turned my head toward the voice. It was Hannah.
“Number 25?” She asked while keeping an eye on Mr. Rivera.
“D” I whispered, pushing up my glasses and turning back to my thoughts of Dylan.   
After about 20 minutes of making up answers that I knew could never be right I decided I had enough and turned in my monstrosity of a test. My one hundred percent probably just flew out the window. But i'm sure I’ll make it up some how.
The bell rung and after that test I was so ready to go home. I picked up my books and proceeded to walk to my locker.
“ E!” Someone yelled from behind me as I shut my locker.. I turned around and smiled knowing who it was. Only Dylan called me E everyone else just called me Liz.
“ Hey Dylan. “ I said laughing as he jogged down the hall toward me.
“ How was your test?” He asked as we walked down the stairs and to the exit of school.
“ I probably failed it.” I said laughing a bit.
“ Don’t say that I’m sure you did amazing, you always do.” He said as he pulled me into a side hug and kissed the top of my head. 
“ Thanks.” I said giggling. We walked to our cars that were parked next to each other and said our goodbyes. 
I looked at my watch when I got in my car and laughed deciding 1:46 was my new favorite time.