The Villain | Teen Ink

The Villain

May 13, 2016
By Thewritehands SILVER, Tyler, Texas
Thewritehands SILVER, Tyler, Texas
9 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission! -Unknown-


It happens so quickly.
It spreads so fast, and so complete.
It isn't evil, evil is different, not as complete, no, this is darkness. It never goes away, its a stain. It starts with betrayal and ends with revenge.
I spent my whole life being pushed aside, and finally I snapped. It happens so quickly, and so completely, and when I pushed back, everyone falls. Like dominoes.
I spend everyday, being called incompetent, then finally when I had the chance, I made them feel three feet tall.
And I like it.
I like that sick feeling of glee at their tears.
When everyone ignored me, it gave me that chance to build up that anger, and that hatred, till one day, I ignored them in return, and watch it hurt, and burn.
I feel nothing, I have become so apathetic.
I watch how they scratch their heads at the spectacle, I've always been that "good girl," but now, look at me!
It happens so quickly.
It's a drug, and it is addicting. I walk with my head high, and those who hurt me are under my feet, and no one can do anything about it.
   Who'd dare challenge me?
Those who dare challenge me, they regret it quickly. For my pain is complete, the darkness is my only solace, and I feel nothing but a rock hard heart pumping what drives me, through every vein, and into every nerve. I lose no sleep at night, for I know am right, and I am heard, and finally I am seen.

  What would happen, though, when the rising tide meets a stead wall?
What would happen, if someone came around, and they showed you, this isn't who you really are?
Oh, darling, even villains can be loved. 
It happened to me, so suddenly, as my hatred towards the pests that identify themselves as human.
Oh, darling, even villains need a hero to save them, even if they don't know, it is saving they want.
When you feel that hardness inside melt, and tiny glimmer of light, it flickers so faintly at first, then it takes the form of someone so unexacting, and so unreal, someone that can't possibly be true.
My darkness, was a bubble, it surrounded me, and I had no clue how deep it was, till he walked into my life. He didn't just see me, he didn't just hear me, and he didn't come to challenge me. He stood there, before me with honey curls, and a flawless face. His eyes the color of the sky on a summer day.
  He stood there, unwavering, seeing the monster I was, and I felt it tremble inside me. A wave of some emotion other than my hate, my despise, my pain.
The flicker in his eyes, showed me, I wasn't alone. He didn't say a word, he never said a word. We stood, two worlds pulled together by gravity, by fate, or God, who knew, I didn't. He was the earth, I the moon, and we faced the other, never once blinking.
  I felt guilt, I felt shame, I wanted to look away, and go on with my merry life. He was a whole world, alien to me. He pulsed with understanding, and attraction. He glowed with kindness, and pain of his own.
I clench my fists, I open my lips, only to hesitate when his touch mine. Power, unknown to me, explodes my every nerve. I feel like an overworked computer, so old, sluggish and tired, meeting a high voltage lightning bolt.
Oh, darling, the villain met her match, someone so formidable, and powerful than superman.
  Love, it ruins careers in a single touch.
It topples empires, it is the ruin of humanity. 
  It left me breathless. Left me thinking why, how could he see the worst, that I so proudly displayed, and yet, here he was, shining like the sun, in my eyesight, in my arms, on my lips. Using this, damned power against me. Winning my heart, as if it were a trophy.
  Oh, but it was, it is.
A trophy, I gave to him, for he was the winner, he was the hero, he is the hero.
He conquered the beast.
Somehow, he saw the helpless pup, behind the wolf.
Saw the cage, around the delusional bird.
   Tamed the tiger, to be the cat he knew she was.
     Saw the good, in the midst of the ugly and bad.
        But, How?
He pulls away.
  And he remains where he is. His eyes studying me, watching, waiting. I raise my hands, to cup his face, and pull myself back into him. I feel my heart, so renewed, so fresh, racing in me, begging for more of that power.
  I feel his. For once in my life, I feel complete.
It happens so quickly.
It spreads so fast, and so complete.
It isn't evil, evil is different, not as complete, no, this is light. It never goes away, it is a stain. It starts with a hero and ends with a kiss.
I spent my whole life being pushed aside, and finally I snapped. It happened so quickly, and so completely, and when I pushed back, everyone falls. Like dominoes. Except one.
One domino stood, and wouldn't move. Instead, it leaned against me, and together we created a mountain.
  I spent everyday, being called incompetent, then finally when I had the chance, I made them feel three feet tall.
And I liked it.
But, someone came around, and called me, "beautiful" and gave me a chance. He made me feel ten feet tall. Higher.
I am on a cloud.
  And...
I like it.