Where I Belong | Teen Ink

Where I Belong

By Mary123 SILVER, West Des Moines, Iowa
Mary123 SILVER, West Des Moines, Iowa

Where I Belong

By: Mary Huynh

Ch. 1- First Time

I never thought I could've fallen in love so quickly. I was in London, England for the first time in my life. I never really traveled anywhere outside of the US by myself, usually my parents come with me.

I moved over to London 3 days ago and found a really nice apartment that I could settle in for awhile. My apartment was completely empty, well not really completely just the cabinets , the fridge, and my closet of course. It was a pretty big room. I walked around looking at everything in the room, smiling to myself. I walked over to the bed and sat down, hmm it was comfy and cozy, I thought to myself. I looked around a bit more inspecting everything and got up from the bed. The cabinets were empty of course and I was pretty hungry so I got my purse, checked if all my money were in there and walked out of the apartment, locking my room door while at it.

I looked straight ahead as I drove to the grocery market and found a parking spot, I got out and walked into the place. I was glad when I was inside it was pretty cold outside and the warm air inside felt good. I quickly wheeled a cart over to the vegetable section and looked at the potatoes. That's when I noticed him. He was staring at me, smiling a bit. I looked over to him meeting his eyes. Was he checking me out? I thought to myself as this man looked at my face and my body. I dropped my eyes immediately as I felt a blush coming on.

I quickly got my food and went to the check-out line finding out he was already there in the same line. He looked at me again and this time I met his eyes and clumsily dropped my bag of potatoes; the bag tore and came rolling out all over the floor. I flushed and quickly got down to the floor and picked them up. He was already there. I saw him picking them up and putting on the table for me.

'Thanks.' I whispered to him still blushing.

' You're welcome,' he answered. I noticed his English accent; so he had to from here. He smiled at me and I smiled back, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear gently; my nervous habit.

I paid for my grocery and he stood there with me. He offered to carry it to my car.

We walked outside and I kept on looking down, blushing still. This man was so unbelievably gorgeous, I thought to myself. I

I pointed him to where my car was and opened the back door for him to put my groceries in. 'Thanks again,' I said shyly, pushing another strand of her behind my ear.

'You're welcome,' he smiled at me and I blushed deep red. 'I'm Robert.' He extended his arm out to shake hands with me. I quickly shook hands with him and blushed. 'And you are'.?'

'Oh um'I'm Katrina,' I replied.

'Nice to meet you Katrina,' he said, smiling at me, showing his white, shiny, shimmering teeth.

'Nice to meet you too um, Robert,' I answered back stuttering a little.

'Hmm Katrina'I was wondering'can I have your phone number,' he started then paused. 'So we can get a coffee or something, um get to know each other more.' He was leaving the choice up to me.

I looked at him and then blushed once again, then I nodded. I gave my cell phone number to him and he put it on his phone as I looked.

'Perfect,' he said. 'I'll see you Katrina. I'll call you ok?' He began to walk away and towards his with a smile on his face. I looked at him as he walked away and got into my car. Wow what just happened?? I gave this man my phone number? Is he really going to call me? I was just an ordinary girl and he was so gorgeous and stunning. I sighed to myself as I drove home and got the groceries out, went up to my room, then stacked the groceries in the empty cabinets.

I thought of the conversation that I had with him, wishing I had said something better.

My name is Mary and I love to write. I LOVE LOVE it and I want to become an author when I grow up. Please read my story its the first chapter of Where I Belong it is a romance I hope you all like it. :-) I worked really hard on it. :)

Mary123 SILVER said...
Mary123 SILVER, West Des Moines, Iowa
please comment! :)