Icy Blue | Teen Ink

Icy Blue

November 30, 2015
By MVReverie GOLD, Arlington, Texas
MVReverie GOLD, Arlington, Texas
12 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
I can't drown my demons; they know how to swim.


He had icy blue eyes.

That, I could tell immediately. His eyes were enchanting, lovely, and I couldn’t look away from them. They just seemed to sparkle sometimes, especially when he was talking about something he liked. It was simply amazing.

I really liked hanging out with him, I mean, he was cool. He was funny, and great, and just… Perfect.

At least he had seemed that way, originally. I don’t know what happened, but one day, he just snapped. Almost like he was a rubber band, and someone was pulling him way too much. I don’t know if it was me that was pulling, though. But he took it out on me. That he did.

A guy that used to be so amazing, he had turned sour, and horrible, and at one point, I was scared for my life, and what he would do to me. People kept on saying, “You have to get away from him.” They didn’t understand, though. It wasn’t that simple. It never was.

Every time he hurt me, all I could see was the guy I used to be head-over-heels for. I could see his blue eyes shining, his grin contagious, as I burst into a fit of giggles at every one of his jokes.

Every time he said something demeaning, all I could hear was that rough laugh, like he was trying to hold it inside of himself, and he just couldn’t.

Every time someone told me to let go of him, all I could see was him, holding my hand as we walked through the park. All I could imagine was him, holding me as I laid against him, as we watched a horror movie, and I was too scared to look up.

Everything that was part of him- I loved. I knew I was going to get hurt- I knew it. I knew something was going to happen, and one day I might not be able to wake up anymore. But I kept on talking to him, kept on loving him.

And then that day happened.