Impossible Love | Teen Ink

Impossible Love

November 20, 2015
By GraceRector BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
GraceRector BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
One is not born into the world to do everything, but to do something- David Henry Thoreau


I have fallen in love, but the reality of my love has no ability to survive. This love has lasted for the past four months even though I have not been in his presence for that same amount of time. The separation has increased my devotion and every little happiness brings me splendorous joy. If the boy has a single flaw, it does not exist in my mind because every second spent thinking of him smoothes any fault he may possess.
So this boy upon whom my heart desires exhibits the heavens and all the beauties of the universe in a single being. His complexion is as smooth as the surface of a still lake and his eyes as radiant and bright as the glowing sky above. Aside from his bodily appearance, his persona contains joy, charm, and intelligence. In my memory, every moment I spent with him seemed like a dream because of the ease to our conversations, the simplicity in our laughs, and the depth in our relations.
Although this godlike boy standing 6’3” seems like the embodiment of the perfect mate, one major fault exists: he resides in England, over six hours via plane. This great distance that separates us both makes our love taste bitter. My heart longs for what it can’t have, thus I must let go because the distance will eventually break us apart.