Run Of Love | Teen Ink

Run Of Love

By JackCannon BRONZE, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
JackCannon BRONZE, Manitowoc, Wisconsin

"Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows?" Obi Wan Kanobi

Alex and Violet are sitting on the railroad tracks. They are talking about where their relationship is going to go.

“Violet you know I love you, but your parents don’t think I am good enough for you.”
“I know Alex, but I don’t care because I love you too.”
“What good does that do us? I don’t think your parents will ever approve of me enough to accept that we are in love. They will just keep saying it will pass. I don’t know what to do. I feel so helpless.”
“You know, the train station is only two miles from here.”
“What are you saying? We should run away? Give up everything we know? You realize I only have $500 of my own? All the other money I make my mom takes from me.”
“I  can work if we need money. Besides I have family that actually like you and can send money or let us live with them for as long as we need to.”
“You know I don’t like to impose like that on your family. I feel like such a bum, living of their generosity. We should only do that if we have no money left or can not find decent jobs. Otherwise that would be lazy.”
“Where do you want to go? I hadn’t thought about that.”
“I think we should go to Mississippi. I have heard that it is a very nice place.”
“When do you want to leave? I have nothing ready to go. I didn’t know if you would agree to go or not. I could be equipped to depart later today.”
“I think we should leave at about midnight tonight so your parents can’t stop us. You should leave them a note that says why you left but not where we are going so they can’t find us. I will also leave a similar note for my parents. Meet me at our cave at 11:50 P.M.”
“I’ll be there.”
“Wow! It’s already quarter to 12:00. If I want to meet Violet on time I had better get going. I’ll take some food along in case we need it. I think I will also take my bow and quiver for hunting and protection. Who knows what we may find along the path. Well, time to surge into the unknown for the sake of love.”