The Special Moment | Teen Ink

The Special Moment

September 5, 2015
By Emily43 SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Emily43 SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
7 articles 4 photos 10 comments

As I take a step outside I feel the gentle breeze pass through my hair.
I walk down the street and take a right turn, then a left.
I cross the street and take another right turn.
At that moment I see the big school and hear the sound of blasting music.
Running inside the doors I run into this guy, “sorry, and hello my name is Elise” I say.
“No problem Elise, and I am Jackson” He said gazing into my eyes.
Then I suddenly see my friends and I walk over without saying goodbye to Jackson!
I hang my coat up on the rack, and start jamming to the music!
It got later and later as everyone was waiting for the slow song to come on.
My friends and I ate some cookies and drank punch as we waited, and waited impatiently.
When I walk through the crowed to get on the dance floor, I run into Jackson again.
He asked “Hey, do you want to slow dance with me, when a slow song comes on of course?”
“Um…sure why not” I answered confidently.
And at that same moment the perfect song came on to slow dance.
Jackson took me by the hand, and we started to dance.
Towards the end of the song, Jackson gazed into my eyes as I did to his.
Then we both thought that “this could be the start of something new”


The author's comments:

This is a very detailed short story, but it makes you think about whats happening it doesnt tell you everything!  Please give me all of the advice you have!