Why did I Go Out with Her? | Teen Ink

Why did I Go Out with Her?

By Adelina Gonzales BRONZE, Canutillo, Texas
Adelina Gonzales BRONZE, Canutillo, Texas

She was the most beautiful girl in the school and she chose me. I was amazed by her. I knew I had to make money, so I got a job and started working. I knew this wasn't the best choice with school and sports. I didn't know how I was going to manage all three. I felt like I had to do this because my new girlfriend is just amazing. I saved up all my money and then the day came when it was our first-month anniverssary.I took her out to a fancy dinner because that's what she deserved.

After a few months of working and dating, I would bring her a new present to school everyday and whenever I saw her. I felt like an amazing boyfriend because all of her friends were jealous of her and all the guys were jealous of me because I could afford all those amazing things I gave her. I was the ideal boyfriend.

After another few months of dating, I realized something. My "girlfriend" hadn't broken up with me because I had money and I would buy her all these fancy things and take her out to fancy dinner. Everybody told me from the start that I shouldn't go out with her because she's only in it for the things I buy her and the places where I take her out to eat.Once I figured all that stuff out, I broke up with the most beautiful girl in the school, maybe in the whole world.

That same day, I was down to my last ten dollars. I was happy that I broke with her and I could spend my last ten dollars on whatever I wanted. I was also happy that I quited my job and focused on my schoolwork and sports.