The Mystical Chapter 8: Out of the Broken | Teen Ink

The Mystical Chapter 8: Out of the Broken

The sweet smell of summer slowly slipping away brushed the tip of my nose as I approached the sink in my bathroom. Bitter-sweet mint paste went on a thin purple and white Oasis toothbrush. Rinse. Spit. You know the drill. Then it was time for a shower to wash away last nights game because the bath was cold at the time: moms, they always take the hot water. Underwear, bra, and a thin tank-top halfway over my head when Cole walks in; "What the h---, shouldn't you be gone by now?!" Taking a gaze up and down before he turned the opposite direction, but still stood in the bathroom doorway, he started talking. "You usually go to the mall early on Saturday." "Girls don't exactly get dressed in five minutes." "Yeah. i can see that." "Not funny, Cole." "You're right. Sorry." "We're not going to the mall." "Then where?" "The woods." He seemed to be clueless on why. "Why?" "Because, we're racing." "Why do you want to race? You just did that last night trying to get the ball before the other team did." "You're the one who said we can't tell anyone. We're wolf racing. Oh, and you can turn around now.

He turned his head as he transformed, as i already had. Speaking in wolf language, we talked as we ran to the forest where the others waited for our arrival.

#the begining of the action will begin in the next chapter!